2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/23 at 23:59

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I worry that we might have emptied the tank. They rested a few regulars vs Luton and will be fresher than us. But I still back us to win because Emery has captured lightning in a bottle.

We can bring Cash, JJ, Moreno, Diaby, even Lenglet off our bench. No worries.

I just re-watched the game without the jitters; here are a few observations:

I agree with all the positives.
Man City could do with a 100 million pound striker ... oh wait.
I thought our press, when we turned it on was a joy to behold.
Man City, their press was by and large a pretend press, especially Haaland jogging up to the defender.
Too many of our passes went astray, not that every pass has to hit its mark, but many that did were not 'incisive'.

Had a migraine last night so missed the game. Feel fantastic this morning thou after seeing the result. I know what I'm gonna watch when I get home from work this afternoon :D 

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Almost in tears of joy, what a complete team performance, I can’t remember better in fifty years

The only one that springs to mind if is when we beat Liverpool 5-1 at VP in 1977 and scored 5 in the first half

That’ll do pig, that’ll do

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The only one that springs to mind if is when we beat Liverpool 5-1 at VP in 1977 and scored 5 in the first half

That’ll do pig, that’ll do

The 7-2 for me but that game was washed with utter bizareness whereas last night was a controlled tactical masterclass

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ejs1111 said:

I'm just speechless.  And I'm watching a replay of the game to relive it all again.  I'm 49yrs old and given the opponent- that's the best I've ever seen a Villa team play.  They couldn't lay a glove on us, we were in complete control and dominant for the vast majority of the match.  Could have easily been 2-0 or 3-0.  Should have been frankly.

I saw on twitter from one of the xG stat posters- from the 11th minute until the end of the match- Citeh had 0.00 xG.  Thats how dominant Villa were today.  Remarkable.  Bring on the Arse this weekend. 

UTV

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Another statto nugget

Villa won the ball back in city's half 13 times last night, the most against Peps city 

That's an amazing stat, we compressed the game extremely well with the high line. Haaland was coming deep to help out nearly all the time by the end so they less players trying to exploit the space behind. Tactical masterclass from Emery, it was ballsy to go for it but we absolutely dominated for long periods. Getting off them in their own half every 6/7 minutes before they could create anything and catching them out of their shape just underlines it.

• Like 1

I'm at work in Germany this week so I went to a local sports pub in Hamburg. Obviously there were loads of young kids and their dads supporting City as they are the new plastics, so I was terribly chuffed when we literally dominated them for 90 minutes. Their keeper kept the score down, it could easily have been 3 or 4-0.

UTV!

• Like 1