Cup Final 7 of 37 - Pre Match chat

Pinebro

15 hours ago, villarule123 said:

If we can get to 30 minutes without conceding then I think we'll get the job done. 

Today feels a bit like Chelsea to me. Keep things tight in the first half (after the early goals last season they just low blocked us to death) and if it's 0-0 at half time then we should step it up after the break when they start to push a few forward.

I'd back Ollie and Diaby one on one v their CBs so we have to get the ball quickly up to them.

Would be a very big win. Even a draw and we're still on 2ppg which is excellent considering the injuries and other issues.

7 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Nobody thinks or feels that we will win every match. You can support Villa 100% and have doubts about us winning. 

I support Villa 100%, and I always feel we will lose. I'm a born pessimist, and no amount of Emery euphoria will ever change it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I support Villa 100%, and I always feel we will lose. I'm a born pessimist, and no amount of Emery euphoria will ever change it. 

I know what you mean, in life I’m a very optimistic person but when it comes to Villa it’s the only rational response to a lifetime of (mostly) disappointment. For that reason it’s difficult to believe this can continue. 

But I am enjoying consistently being proven wrong by Unai. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

Winning this shows we are definitely a different prospect. We are where we are this season because we are winning the games we should be winning, that hasn’t been the case for a very long time, and Wolves is a bogey team for us. 6 wins from eight, including Wolves away would be very significant.

The fixture schedule has been really bizarre, Man. United played their fifth home of the season yesterday and we're still stuck on three. Everton just had two homes back to back so don't get why this Wolves game isn't at VP this weekend (given they were at home themselves last weekend).

I think that's a point people are missing. To potentially be on 18 points after just 8 would be a magnificent points haul considering we're two home games down on some rival teams and since crowds have come back it's reset to most prem aways being very difficult to win unless you're playing one of the promoted teams or Everton.

Very odd we have to wait until the end of October to play as many home games as away in the league.

Edited by VillaChris

Clean sheet is important. Especially not conceding whilst we're still settling in the first ten/twenty minutes of the game. Bad habits forming there, away from home. 

I actually think 0-0 would be a reasonable result. Wolves seem a bad match up to our high line and I imagine Nero will cause some problems. 

Hoping for a 2-1 or a gritty 1-0. That would show some character that Villa haven't had for a long time against Wolves. 

51 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Diaby to create 2 goals for Watkins with villa winning 2-0. We will concede v West Ham in the game after but still win 2-1. 

i hope we continue to push cash forward, the overlap was key to our winner midweek and that’s what we need to do to them to put pressure on their CB’s who won’t be able to keep winning aerial balls without giving away a handball or foul 

Is Cash not still one of the worst RBs around in World football or have I lost track with the VT narrative over last month...

Key battle really is Digne v Pedro Neto. He has started the season superbly for them and look at the chaos he was causing Man. City last week when they quickly got the ball forward down the left so that will be a key tactic from them today and Digne really struggled at Anfield when they were pinging balls for Salah to chase.

If we keep him quiet we'll be o.k and possibly keep a clean sheet.

3 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Just to rub it in, Me and Mrs T are off to Gumbet Turkey on Friday (first time over there)

First time in a long time no Villa games while wea are away, Mrs T said "so you wont need a shirt then"  Yeh love OK :)

We are in Fethiye - already told her the boat trip will have to happen tomorrow. Plenty of Villa shirts on display here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Clean sheet is important. Especially not conceding whilst we're still settling in the first ten/twenty minutes of the game. Bad habits forming there, away from home. 

I actually think 0-0 would be a reasonable result. Wolves seem a bad match up to our high line and I imagine Nero will cause some problems. 

Hoping for a 2-1 or a gritty 1-0. That would show some character that Villa haven't had for a long time against Wolves. 

Nah mate, he'll just play his fiddle as Molineux burns

• Haha 1

Our previous record at the custard bin holds no relevance over today’s result, it’s a different set of circumstances now and we’ll attack it as a one off game. I’m confident that Emery will have a plan to beat them, the only thing that fills me with any doubt is the mounting injury list. Praying for Kamara and Diaby to be fit. 

0-1 Villa

• Like 2

I think this game is where the rotation on Thursday will be seen as the correct decision. Hopefully Kamara and Diaby are fit and that will then mean Torres, Kamara and Diaby won't have played at all on Thursday and Digne, Cash, Luiz and Watkins will all have only played for 45 mins in a game where we had all the possession. 

We've got to be looking for 3 points here despite them beating Man City last week as on another day they lose that game comfortably given the overall dominance Man City had. 

I can't envisage us not scoring and given they have only scored 8 goals all season we've got to fancy our chances keeping them out. I'm going for 0-2.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Someone mentioned Wolves beating Man. City on here as similar to when Norwich beat Man. City in September 2019.

Have a guess who Norwich next played at home. It was us and we strolled to a 5-1 win. Not expecting that day but teams in bottom 6 are down there for a reason, they don't win that many games.

Think O'Neil would be more than happy with a point as 4 points from us and Man. City is above expectations for Wolves so he'll set up like that and see what they can do on counters.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Is Cash not still one of the worst RBs around in World football or have I lost track with the VT narrative over last month...

Key battle really is Digne v Pedro Neto. He has started the season superbly for them and look at the chaos he was causing Man. City last week when they quickly got the ball forward down the left so that will be a key tactic from them today and Digne really struggled at Anfield when they were pinging balls for Salah to chase.

If we keep him quiet we'll be o.k and possibly keep a clean sheet.

Cash is playing very advanced for us now, basically a winger, and against zrinksi he helped us win the game. On FPL he is very good to have aswell as he can get assists and is basically nailed on….I think he can improve his delivery from crosses, but he is getting better at cutting the ball back and taking people on.

digne is also very good at assists and feel he could whip some balls in from deep which could help us win the game that way, maybe Ollie can get on the end of something in the box now that he is playing centrally….we can win this game a variety of ways but we have to be careful of their pace on the counter….the high line tactic against these does worry me….

• Like 1