Cup Final 7 of 37 - Pre Match chat

Pinebro

7 hours ago, useless said:

we can struggle against teams that we're expected to beat or are favorites against

Our only two losses this season are barcodes and plop, both away. The one thing we've done well is winning games we'd expect to win.

We've lost to Legia and Everton, we struggled last night against Zrinjski, last season we lost to Stevenage, when we're clear favorites before a game and everyone is expecting us to win it's a dangerous thing.

Also unfair to take that quote out of context, here''s the entire paragraph 'I actually think them beating Man City might help us, as we can struggle against teams that we're expected to beat or are favorites against, that Man City result can serve as a reminder that it's going to be a tough game despite their form before they beat City, similar to when we played Bournemough last season just after they beat Liverpool' and a link to the orignal post

Even Emery himself after the game last night as if in telepathic agreement with me alluded to the fact that we need to learn to stop underestimating teams

12 minutes ago, useless said:

We've lost to Legia and Everton, we struggled last night against Zrinjski, last season we lost to Stevenage, when we're clear favorites before a game and everyone is expecting us to win it's a dangerous thing.

Also unfair to take that quote out of context, here''s the entire paragraph 'I actually think them beating Man City might help us, as we can struggle against teams that we're expected to beat or are favorites against, that Man City result can serve as a reminder that it's going to be a tough game despite their form before they beat City, similar to when we played Bournemough last season just after they beat Liverpool' and a link to the orignal post

Even Emery himself after the game last night as if in telepathic agreement with me alluded to the fact that we need to learn to stop underestimating teams

Neither of those games we started with our better players.

Look what happened against Zrinjski when we brought the big guns on.

Edited by Pinebro

We still need a last minute winner and in the other games I mentioned we had our best players on the pitch at times too. Also I bet we play a lot better against AZ despite them being a much better team than we did in the other two Conference games, as the players won't underestimate them as much, and when I say underestimate, I don't think the players are conshionshilly thinking the games are going to be easy or anything like, it's more of maybe a subconshience thing.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

We still need a last minute winner and in the other games I mentioned we had our best players on the pitch at times too. Also I bet we play a lot better against AZ despite them being a much better team than we did in the other two Conference games, as the players won't underestimate them as much, and when I say underestimate, I don't think the players are conshionshilly thinking the games are going to be easy or anything like, it's more of maybe a subconshience thing.

My point is.

Play our best team and we win all those games comfortably

A break ( for some anyway ) coming up after this game. But we'll need to match their intensity and be on it early on. Think it'll be our first draw of the season. Shouldn't underestimate that O'Neil has got them working their bollocks off for him.  Point away from would be fine if it comes to that.

• Like 1

I feel like this is the game which we break their hoodoo over us, we just need to follow it up with a similar mentality with West Ham, I’m not sure I see us winning both of those games given our record against them both and having them in successive games does worry me.

on paper it should be a victory but football isn’t played on paper so that’s concerning. This is definitely the easier of the 2 fixtures and I feel like we might be able to impose our game on wolves more so than the physical West Ham

Dawson is a proper pro and workhorse and he will have the defence organised so we should be on it and need to move the ball a bit quicker than yday 

2-0 villa Watkins at the double

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Not confident about this one.  Won't have much time to prepare, and they'll have a full week of rest. 

Our high line has been exposed away from home, and they have plenty of pace up front.

I'd imagine we've been preparing for it earlier this week.

Good opportunity to kick on and improve our away form here. Good opposition to be playing next I reckon, but their tails will be up after the Man City win, so we can't expect to turn up and batter them. 

17 minutes ago, turvontour said:

If we win this, the table is going to look fantastic. 

It looks great anyway but 4 of the top 6 are playing eachother, so we can very easily go 3rd with a win. Could go as high as 2nd.

Yeah, Spurs should easily win, but Brighton vs Liverpool is a cracker and anything could happen in Arsenal v Man City.

I think i'd prefer a Brighton and Man City win. 

Wolves are shit, and we should be beating teams of their level, but it's still technically a derby of sorts and they always seem to raise their game against us, especially at home. Our recent record against them is shite, but I'm hoping that we can finally break the curse. I'm sure that Emery didn't have a good record against Lopetegui, so now that he's gone maybe he'll give O'Neil a bit of a masterclass. It'd be great to go into the international break continuing our good form, especially as we often tend to come out of the breaks looking a bit ropey.

2-1 Villa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoshVilla said:

Wolves are shit, and we should be beating teams of their level, but it's still technically a derby of sorts and they always seem to raise their game against us, especially at home. Our recent record against them is shite, but I'm hoping that we can finally break the curse. I'm sure that Emery didn't have a good record against Lopetegui, so now that he's gone maybe he'll give O'Neil a bit of a masterclass. It'd be great to go into the international break continuing our good form, especially as we often tend to come out of the breaks looking a bit ropey.

2-1 Villa.

Its there cup final and they will be right up for it regardless of them beating Man City last week 

3 hours ago, turvontour said:

I'd imagine we've been preparing for it earlier this week.

Possibly, but with also having to prepare for the Zrinjski game at the same time, we'd still be at a disadvantage compared to Wolves preparation and rest.