Cup Final 7 of 37 - Pre Match chat

Pinebro

Was talking to a pal of mine who’s a wolves fan and I said we usually have a difficult game at their place as they seem up for it and we just roll over.  Both teams on a high but we know we are the better team. If wolves are up for it and play their game I’d be happy enough with a draw too, but obviously it’s a game we should be looking to win. 

• Like 1

We are in a great position in the league, we could be in a much better position if we can somehow get rid of the mental shackles which hold us back time and time again against wolves and West Ham though. I think this might be the year we can do it, I’m going for 2-1 wins in both games for us 

• Like 1

We've lost 5 and beaten them once in our last 8 league outings, and that win was a 90th minute El Ghazi penalty. We generally don't do well against them, although we've scarcely been in this kind of form when we've faced them. No better time to start turning around the trend. Hopefully our European "injuries" will magically come back and we'll be something approximating full strength when we go there.  On that basis I think 2-1 Villa.

5 hours ago, BOF said:

We've lost 5 and beaten them once in our last 8 league outings, and that win was a 90th minute El Ghazi penalty. We generally don't do well against them, although we've scarcely been in this kind of form when we've faced them. No better time to start turning around the trend. Hopefully our European "injuries" will magically come back and we'll be something approximating full strength when we go there.  On that basis I think 2-1 Villa.

Application is key.

They always seem more up for it, than we do.

If, we find the form and Workrate, we had last Saturday or Newcastle at Home.... we'll be ok.....If we show the  Everton Form and they will carry on with the "Indian sign" over us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Application is key.

They always seem more up for it, than we do.

We find the form and Workrate, we had last Saturday or Newcastle at Home....and we'll be ok.....If we show the  Everton Form and they will carry on the "Indian sign" over us.

Yes if we show the same intensity we did against Brughton we will be OK. They are boosted by the win against Man City but as we know its hard to string two performances together. Kamara and Luiz are the key imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

All of her family are dogheads, this is the one fixture of the year I want us to win desperately to stick it up them

Come on me babbies 

Problem is, its the one fixture, they want to win too...when for us, its just another game.

Edited by TRO

Wolves always seem to be more up for this game than we do, they treat it like a must win derby, beating us means a lot to them, and not just saying that as some sort of criticism along the lines of we're important to them but they're not important to us, in fact perhaps we should develop a similar attitude and get ourselves more fired up for this fixture , might help improve our results against them.

I actually think them beating Man City might help us, as we can struggle against teams that we're expected to beat or are favorites against, that Man City result can serve as a reminder that it's going to be a tough game despite their form before they beat City, similar to when we played Bournemough last season just after they beat Liverpool

They won with their back 5 against City . And we have struggled tonight and against Everton with back 5s . 

Low block city and hit us on the break with Neto . 

Feels like they are a bit of a bogey team for us recently. 

We will have learned alot tonight . 2 nil win 

• Like 1