Cup Final 7 of 37 - Pre Match chat

Pinebro

30 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

What is with all these injuries? 😡

Need Diaby and Kamara back, time to shut that lot up!

Not just us. These insane amount of injury time PL has implemented is killing players. 

• Haha 1

Tougher game than a few weeks ago.

If we get the first goal (which always seems to be a problem v them) I expect us to win but it could easily just play out to a draw.

Neto is a very good player, he's probably what people thought Bailey would be for us and now he's over his ACL he'll be their main threat on the counter and could easily give Digne lots of issues if he gets caught upfield.

I think the big problem last season is because UE and Lopetegui knew each other so well Unai possibly overcomplicated things to try to get an edge e.g. starting Cash on the right of midfield at VP and we were poor for an hour.

No such issue now with Gary O'Neil in charge and them having a more basic style of low block and punt balls forward for Neto and Cunha to chase after.

What's certain is with Brighton-Liverpool, Arsenal-Man. City and West Ham-Newcastle this would be a brilliant weekend to win.

I think we'll edge it 1-2, overdue a win v Wolves.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, useless said:

We still need a last minute winner and in the other games I mentioned we had our best players on the pitch at times too. Also I bet we play a lot better against AZ despite them being a much better team than we did in the other two Conference games, as the players won't underestimate them as much, and when I say underestimate, I don't think the players are conshionshilly thinking the games are going to be easy or anything like, it's more of maybe a subconshience thing.

Think Pinebro's point is in the league under Emery we've generally beaten all the teams you'd expect us to. Looking at last season losing at Wolves who were still battling relegation at the time and at home to Leicester in February are the only poor results to non top 6 teams under UE so it's quite a record and that's continued so far this season.

Last season the problem was Lopetegui and UE overthinking the matchup due to their constant battles in La Liga. That issue has now been eliminated. 

10 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Good opportunity to kick on and improve our away form here. Good opposition to be playing next I reckon, but their tails will be up after the Man City win, so we can't expect to turn up and batter them. 

It was a brilliant win for them.

However remember when we'd on occasions turn over a Liverpool, Man. City or Chelsea under McLeish or Lambert? We could never back it up the next game as we were essentially a poor bottom 6 side.

That's Wolves now and I've seen a few games they've played and they're pretty poor back to front. Problem in last few years is we could never dominate the Moutinho-Neves pivot in midfield and they'd control the tempo of the game. No such problem now as it's more workmanlike so we should dominate possession and hopefully ping some early balls for Ollie to chase and make things happen.

Got a feeling Zaniolo will score in this so would keep him in the side, hopefully Diaby makes it as he'll be the difference regularly v this sort of opponent. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kingman said:

Its there cup final and they will be right up for it regardless of them beating Man City last week 

Yeah but they’ll be knackered from giving their sisters a good seeing to all week, or their brothers for that matter!  It’s a game for all the family with that lot. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Hate playing this lot they seem to have some sort of black magic over us!

I feel ya, but we do well Molineux, historically. There's also an interesting tradition of draws with Wolves. 

I think we'll win this one, 1-2.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Got a poorly arranged speed awareness course on Sunday so missing this, may have on phone off camera

Have some coke instead 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1