Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Our season won't be defined by this result, but it does tell you we aren't at the level we were at the end of last season.

Sure, there are some pretty compelling mitigating circumstances, but still. Facts are facts.

We've been well beaten by the two good teams we've played this season. Need to smarten up ASAP, or it will be mid table only for us at best this year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Palace and Chelsea next...no way i will assume that we will pick up any points, both can be very dangerous and we struggle against pace and palace have plenty of it.....never again will i get ahead of myself in regards to this team....until they start to show it on the pitch i will be pessimistic toward them

Yep, this was the season we were supposed to put performances like this behind us. We were supposed to be equal to the other sides near the top. We are looking like our traditional soft touch status. 

• Like 1

Bailey isn’t good enough full time but I always feel the need to route for him. He’s a confidence player and not one to have when the chips are down. His attitude can come across a bit shitty at times too. A squad player who can work the magic every now and again. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Granted being at home, but this Villa team under Emery is being taken noticed of by other clubs. I thought a draw up there today would have been great, but isn’t to be. 

for sure a lot of fans have seen us fly up the table and we have surprised many by not being anywhere near relegation in last coule of years. It just frustrates me as i remember being up there in 2014 when we won 1-0, balotelli's debut for them, and we were a much worse team then but seemed to beat the big teams and lose against the average ones. now its the opposite way round, i just want us to be able to beat everyone tbh 😂

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

People rave byt watkins but he isnt a top striker for me. He is so inconsistent and frustrating to watch. Not signing a striker was a collosal **** up

My Villa stat is in every game I've seen us play at VP I've yet to see Ollie score.

• Shocked 1