Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Just now, foreveryoung said:

What a load of ******s. We want progress chap, giving it up to some teams is not going to make us any better in the league.

I'm not saying give up though am I? I'm saying when we go behind to these teams we have to take even more risk to get back into it.

Just basically gotta roll with the punches and we'll see steady progress under Emery imo. We've seen massive progress already. I'm just not gonna get wound up by these tough defeats to big teams and will judge us on our position and points over the season, not getting beaten up at Anfield and SJP.

And yeah, I just can't be a*sed to get so wound up by it sorry. 

2 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

agree, i think thats why the atmosphere is poor there too, its hard for the home fans to gee themselves up against aston villa, they expect to beat us like we expect to beat hibs

No that's just the famous anfield at it again

• Haha 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

We haven’t got a bad record up there. Their fans would have viewed today as a tough game pre match . The gap between us and Hibs is larger than us and Liverpool and by some distance. 

true but their fans still expect to beat us...we have got better in recent years, but its still one they see as 3 points imo

5 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

a lot of people on this site, including myself have ST's, we go to enough games.....Emery i think is clever enough to be able to tailor the tactics to the teams....i think going forward he will do that now as he has seen these players cant play the way he envisions and therefore will adapt

Didn't mean it in the sense of not go to any games, just meant I struggle to get wound up about it when I'm watching it on a stream lol

• Haha 1

Not at the races for some reason, we are poor all over today, but Liverpool are a good side, foolish to say otherwise, beating the Toon at their place with 10 men say something, and their team is still very good and they are well drilled at this, it’s how they’ve played for years.

Also, the defeat we had at Newcastle was very flattering for them, we were actually OK.