January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

12 hours ago, rubberman said:

Well, we've got 3 more of those before the window opens!

And with suspensions and injuries he's going to get plenty of playimg time. Really is an extraordinary take to want to replace him. 

Not to replace! that is not in my intentions… we want to stay in this nice rhythm and tussle with the big boys and at this stage JJ is not at the level we need to stay in that fold because he is lacking that sharpness quite heavily if you compare it to the performances of last season and its about creating healthy competition.

20 hours ago, allani said:

Going slightly off topic here - but I am still surprised at how many external "commentators" think that Emery is likely to end up at Utd or maybe Liverpool if / when they change managers.  Unless they have a massive culture change there's pretty much no chance that Emery leaves a performing Villa to go there.  He's done the "top clubs" and been treated like ***** twice. 

In terms of transfer targets - I don't think I have ever felt so confident that everyone in the club is so completely on the same page in terms of how we want to play, what type of players we are targetting and what type of people we want in the team.  It is really encouraging - especially when you see other clubs with players arriving without the knowledge / approval of the manager or where players are fully scouted and then the manager pulls the plug at the last minute.   Very refreshing indeed.

Bang on.

That is so,so difficult to achieve....To get everyone rowing in sync is a difficult prospect....results have helped ,sure.

I think many folk outside of B6, keep asking the same question, How has UE managed it.....I think you have answered the question.

I know some folk will say " but anyone can do that"......but they can't, and we have seen big clubs struggle with it.

I don't know where this will take us, but I am supremely confident, that while this harmony exists, between Owners, Management and players, we are in for a hell of a ride.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Not to replace! that is not in my intentions… we want to stay in this nice rhythm and tussle with the big boys and at this stage JJ is not at the level we need to stay in that fold because he is lacking that sharpness quite heavily if you compare it to the performances of last season and its about creating healthy competition.

I had some concerns since he came back, but against Brentford I saw more improvement to suggest he’s almost there. Very encouraging performance from him. 

Even though his recent scoring record isn’t stellar for some reason always liked Timo Werner and a loan move for him in January could suit both parties. Many great strikers have sank at Chelsea so isn’t a mark against him for me. 

• Like 2

I like Werner too, think he offers a lot. Although he just doesn't ever seem get his finishing working. Considering he's not even allowed to train with the Leipzig B-team anymore I'm pretty sure they'd be up for sending him out on loan or selling.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sne said:

I like Werner too, think he offers a lot. Although he just doesn't ever seem get his finishing working. Considering he's not even allowed to train with the Leipzig B-team anymore I'm pretty sure they'd be up for sending him out on loan or selling.

why isnt he allowed to train with them!?

4 hours ago, sne said:

Why is he not?

Edit, beaten above

Edited by PieFacE

7 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Without wishing to start a Januzaj thing, do we have room for more loans in the squad?  I wouldn't mind Werner either as I think he's the kind of player Emery can fix.

No, we can only have two and that’s Lenglet and Zaniolo currently.

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

RB is so essential.

Agree, the right player there would make a huge difference. Nothing against Cash the guy, I just wince every time he gets the ball. Amazed he stayed on tonight, and an upgrade there is the biggest single improvement we could make with one signing.

• Like 1