Clément Lenglet

Tom13

I might copy and paste this comment in the Zaniolo thread. 

Thanks for the season, unfortunately not up to the standard and we need better going forward.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2024 at 09:06, PeterSw said:

Thanks for the memories Clement. Did the job he was brought here for. We've had worse 4th choice centre backs

Exactly this. Glad he’s not a permanent signing, think he filled in OK when he had to, happy to have Mings back as the other LCB option!

Only thing holding this back is his crazy wages. Otherwise I'd 100% have him back. But you can't be our highest earner and also 5th choice. Let Barca sort out that mess.

Personally, if he did play against us in the CL, I'd be targeting him something rotten.  He was really poor defensively.  Better going forward, but that's not what we signed him for.  

He made some mistakes for sure but as a 4th choice CB he was decent overall. His passing ability allowed us to play the same way without Pau, which was a massive advantage really. Good luck to him. 

11 hours ago, CVByrne said:

No 1 load of nonsense posted this month on here. 

We had an incredible season and he played his part. Playing a lot of games and a cut above Chambers.

We wouldn't have got 4th if we didn't bring him in last minute to cover Mings. All round was a very good plan given the circumstances late in the window.

Yeah he played in some games and was better than nothing and contributed to some points on the basis of 'being there' but for 100k a week player from Barca he was staggeringly bad.

Like I get it. It made sense. It had to be done and he allowed rotation and players to be rested. The deal I'm okay with. The player, truly diabolical.

A great passer. Too lightweight and made some bad decisions also. However, for a forth choice centre back he did his best. Can’t fault the effort. Always put a shift in despite it being a loan. All the best, Clement and thank you. 

• Like 2

Clement has my thanks for his contribution to our CL qualification and to our march to the ECL SFs. I wish him luck in the future, other than if he finds himself on the other half of the pitch against us, at some point. 

Clément Lenglet - Player profile 23/24 ... 

• Like 1

Â