Clément Lenglet

Tom13

On 08/04/2024 at 20:27, TRO said:

I am on the fence with Clement.

• Would Spurs fans have him back.... No
  • Has he helped us in a dire need,.....yes
  • Would I prefer a Mickey van der ven....all day long.

The next phase for us, is players who can make a real difference, I am not sure he can.

I think we have to sign players, who push our first teamers, not cover for them....competition renders our first teamers as cover, if they don't compete.

Why van der ven? Surely he's the equivalent of Pau

What about the other guy they got in Jan as their back up for about £20m?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

When you think, last season after Diego got injured we got Bendnarik on loan, then this season when Mings got injured we got Lenglet, it shows how far we’ve moved as a club. 
We won’t sign him permanently, but he’s played a part in getting (keeping) us up the table and deserves credit for that.

Completely forgot about Bednarek

On 02/03/2024 at 05:17, DakotaVilla said:

I agree with Sheepy that he’s outshone Carlos and done so in more arduous circumstances. As long as the wages and transfer fee were sensible Lenglet would be a no brainer of a 4th choice CB. I still suspect though we’ll go for a younger right footed CB option instead. 

Better late than never. 😉😉

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

Where is he?  Injured?

I think from the press conference it was something about a small problem. I think it was in the context of injuries but it always annoys me that journos don’t follow it up with a couple of basic questions about what it is or when he’ll be back. 

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think from the press conference it was something about a small problem. I think it was in the context of injuries but it always annoys me that journos don’t follow it up with a couple of basic questions about what it is or when he’ll be back. 

Indeed.  It could be a cut that will be healed and no potential recurrence delay, or a niggle that is undergoing a scan that may reveal more. No guarantees Emery even reveals more but he's generally been quite open so I'd definitely be asking!

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I don't like him as a player tbh. Infact I prefer Diego(i swear he played LCB at Sevilla) 

And that's not just based on tonight's performance he's just so slow and cumbersome. 

I too was surprised we got the nod tonight given the sudden decision to rest Pau. Think Carlos would've been a much better fit to deal with El Kaabi's movement.

Ultimately Lenglet was a late experienced pick up to fill in for Mings so he's shown roughly the level he is. Decent but not as good as Mings or Torres. 

Don’t know what the **** he was doing leading up to their penalty. 

I was right in that corner. He clearly has the last touch. He must have known. And he just casually let it roll out for a corner. Then they get a penalty from it. 

Nuts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â