Clément Lenglet

Tom13

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Sorry but this is nonsense. He's nowhere near a fit Konsa's level. Konsa is one of the best centre-halves in the Premier League IMO, top 10 for sure. Lenglet doesn't come within throwing distance of that group, he's average enough and the revisionism here is a bit baffling just because he's the best of what we've been left with through a bizarrely long list of defensive injuries. 

He's been fine, nothing to crow about.

No need to be sorry, I stand by my comment. He's improved immensely, to the point where there's now talk of a permanent signing. I give credit where it's due. I'm not suggesting he's better than Konsa, just that he's played well enough to keep his place. 

He has certainly looked far more assured and composed than Diego imo.

There's nothing baffling about doffing one's cap to a job well done.

• Like 4

I agree with Sheepy that he’s outshone Carlos and done so in more arduous circumstances. As long as the wages and transfer fee were sensible Lenglet would be a no brainer of a 4th choice CB. I still suspect though we’ll go for a younger right footed CB option instead. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, est1874 said:

Sorry but this is nonsense. He's nowhere near a fit Konsa's level. Konsa is one of the best centre-halves in the Premier League IMO, top 10 for sure. Lenglet doesn't come within throwing distance of that group, he's average enough and the revisionism here is a bit baffling

I prefer Konsa too, but Lenglet played over 100 games for Barcelona, played at the Euros for France, and played 25 games for Spurs last season. I'd suggest to say he's "average enough" and doesn't come "within throwing distance" of Konsa is a little bit deluded.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokingzen said:

I prefer Konsa too, but Lenglet played over 100 games for Barcelona, played at the Euros for France, and played 25 games for Spurs last season. I'd suggest to say he's "average enough" and doesn't come "within throwing distance" of Konsa is a little bit deluded.  

Barcelona don't want him, and neither did Spurs. We won't be interested enough to buy him permanently either. That says it all. I stand by average enough.

Too slow and has like a 5 inch vertical.  If the ball is above his waist then he is an absolute zero defending. Great 4th or 5th choice but as long as he is out there we have to score 3 to secure a win. 

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes he's 4th choice. Yes he was a last minute to replace Mings. Yes we would have been screwed without him.

But my God he's terrible.

Literally 90%+ of the threads on this forum it’s the same take. Boring (and bullshit in this case)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Literally 90%+ of the threads on this forum it’s the same take. Boring (and bullshit in this case)

Yep It's most definitely utter BS and our position in the table backs that up. 

• Like 1

Yes he has his limitations, but he has had to play a large part in our season last 2 & 1/2 months - I don’t think he has let us down at all, and if anything has been very consistent.  

Overall today I thought he was good.  Nowhere near as worried now with him in the team than I was after the first few ECL group games. 

• Like 1

I'm puzzled by people thinking he was good to be honest. Our defense was on its arse, and he was a big part of it, against one of the worst teams in the division. His comical attempts to win a header for their first goal summed him up.

He was an emergency loan, he's far from first choice, so through that lens, maybe we're unlikely to get much better, but there's a bloody good reason he's nowhere near the team without several injuries.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Felt he had a great first half. Handled their crosses mostly - my criticism is he's giving away too many corners.

He doesn't seem to be able to angle his foot to put a cross out for a throw in, the way it came. He basically just clears it the way he is facing, and so concedes a lot of corners. One they scores from today. 

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm puzzled by people thinking he was good to be honest. Our defense was on its arse, and he was a big part of it, against one of the worst teams in the division. His comical attempts to win a header for their first goal summed him up.

He was an emergency loan, he's far from first choice, so through that lens, maybe we're unlikely to get much better, but there's a bloody good reason he's nowhere near the team without several injuries.

Luton score quite a few at home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â