Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I genuinely thought we'd go for him in January when he was getting offered to Bournemouth.

Anyone know how he got on in Turkey?

He was a serious talent before his ACL injury.

5 goals and 1 assist in 12 games all competitions. Only started about 2 of them as he was coming back from mental issues. He also managed a red card.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is this guy going to be able to play as a striker in the PL? I thought the idea was we would let Archer go and get in a striker to cover/challenge Watkins . . . seems like he's more of an attacking midfielder? Or am I mistaken?

He's an attacking mid naturally but very versatile. I'm not sure he's played as a true out and out striker often, but he's been prepared to basically play any role outside of defence, and I believe a few people at Roma thought he'd eventually become more a true striker, forward style player.

He's got the ability to do it and he's tall, too tall for the classic attacking mid role really. Whether he's got the mindset to be as disciplined as you want a striker to be is a different story.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

5 goals and 1 assist in 12 games all competitions. Only started about 2 of them as he was coming back from mental issues. He also managed a red card.

Bit wary of that, similar to Traore.

Was hoping he'd gone there and dominated the league but a case of Roma needing to unload due to wages and Mourinho throwing his verbal grenades about lack of signings.

7 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I mean, that is so completely true it is beyond comprehension that any other view exists.

Obviously signing him is a risk, but they know what they are doing.

I wouldn't even be mad at them if it didn't work out because they deserve our trust. 

This is the first time Unai is working with a serious budget and alongside Monchi and our scouting and analysis team I absolutely trust their judgement on this (assuming any of it is true). 

• Thanks 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

This is the first time Unai is working with a serious budget and alongside Monchi and our scouting and analysis team I absolutely trust their judgement on this (assuming any of it is true). 

He would have had a fair budget at PSG and Arsenal.  This is the first time he's been given a serious budget AND total control of signings.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I genuinely thought we'd go for him in January when he was getting offered to Bournemouth.

Anyone know how he got on in Turkey?

He was a serious talent before his ACL injury.

I suppose we didn't have Monchi then though and it seems like it's his target. Annoying that we'll basically have to pay twice as much to get him now though if that loan to buy for €30M bid is correct.

7 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Aston Villa, for Nicolò Zaniolo.

The English club is already negotiating with Galatasaray and there is a good predisposition on the part of everyone.

Zaniolo has already said yes.

Sounds like this could get wrapped up pretty quick

Moretto is a reliable source as well as Romano, seems this has legs.

• Like 1

I don’t have time to follow European football that closely, which means I first heard of this player ten minutes ago. I’ve never seen him play but accept that he was once very highly rated and still has potential. The serious injuries are a risk, but it’s not uncommon for a player to make it back to their best provided conditions are right for them. At Villa he will have access to the best fitness, conditioning, medical and physio staff. He’ll have a manager that knows how to get the best out of him and a team around him that’s in form and heading upwards. He has a great chance of getting back on track. The risk for us is mitigated if it’s just a loan to begin with, it could be a master stroke, but if not then we don’t sign him. 

Â