Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

"The next Totti" That's a heavy title to bear, impossible to live up to. But he got it for a reason. Shame about the injuries.

He was in the latest Italy squad and played in both games. If he can stay fit and is motivated he would be a really exciting signing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

Strange one this, attitude issues, big injuries and he'll be the only (I think) Italian speaking player in the squad. 

Humans can speak more than one language!

• Haha 1

Is this guy going to be able to play as a striker in the PL? I thought the idea was we would let Archer go and get in a striker to cover/challenge Watkins . . . seems like he's more of an attacking midfielder? Or am I mistaken?

From a quick glance at his transfermarkt injury history (which is much less reliable than sometimes made out to be, as it's dependent on users submitting them: Sanson has apparently never been injured with us, presumably because tracking that guys injuries would be too much for anyone), he missed 11 games in 21/22 and 2 games in 22/23, which isn't bad.

There wasn't any long period of games where he wasn't in the squad that aren't explained, either, so it seems relatively accurate.

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is this guy going to be able to play as a striker in the PL? I thought the idea was we would let Archer go and get in a striker to cover/challenge Watkins . . . seems like he's more of an attacking midfielder? Or am I mistaken?

In the system we play he can realistically cover both the second striker and wide/attacking midfielder positions, that's where he's predominantly played in his time. I think it's one of the interesting things about how Emery has us set up that the likes of Zaniolo and Felix that have been linked have obvious positions as opposed to being square pegs in round holes for many other sides.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

For me if emery thinks he is good enough thats good enough for me

I mean, that is so completely true it is beyond comprehension that any other view exists.

Obviously signing him is a risk, but they know what they are doing.

I wouldn't even be mad at them if it didn't work out because they deserve our trust. 

• Like 4

Â