Jeremy Doku

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, david-avfc said:

I love FBref stats and the insight they provide, but sometimes it’s the basic stuff which provides the most insight. Last season he made 29 appearances in the league, but only 13 of them were starts. So clearly there’s a mismatch between these stats and the actual impact he has on the first team.

My assumption would be that coming off the bench regularly leads to some distortions of the per 90 data. Hypothetical example 1 dribble in a 10 minute cameo against a tired defence = 9 dribbles per 90 which is the best in Europe, and in reality is completely different to a player who completes 9 successful dribbles in one game.

Not saying he’s a bad player or anything, obviously he’s got a lot of talent but extra context is needed for the stats and in this case it’s probably over exaggerated some of his positive attributes.

Completely agree, stats without context are useless and misleading…

8 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Was this guy a sub a good few games last season or did i dream this?

He had a couple injuries so that's probably correct. Would have been a lot of games where he wasn't fully fit so either came on from the bench or started but didn't play the full 90.

Injuries is a red flag with this guy sadly.

3 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Plane from Rennes to Birmingham spotted. A bit less common than the ones from Dusselforf in the Diaby thread.

He’s training today so could be his reps

I don’t watch enough foreign football to know definitively…

…but my Football Manager career suggests that Tielemens, Pau, Diaby and Doku would be a rather ridiculously good transfer window. 

I think this is on, 21 years old a Belgium international made his debut at 18 predominately a right and left sided winger but can play central has had his fair share of injures but I think that’s something we could manage and help him with he wouldn’t be a nailed on starter here and we could integrate him gradually manage his workload.  He’s a special talent.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

IMG_4094.jpeg

I think he’s pretty much unstoppable in a one on one situation with the fullback.

If it weren’t for injuries he’d already be at a top side. That’s the risk. 

Honestly though, go and watch a video, he’s nuts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think he’s pretty much unstoppable in a one on one situation with the fullback.

If it weren’t for injuries he’d already be at a top side. That’s the risk. 

Honestly though, go and watch a video, he’s nuts. 

I just watched a highlights vid, and apart from it looking like it was filmed on a Nokia 3310 I was very impressed. Looks quick to run at players and moves the ball quickly (for want of a better description). Will try and watch a full game with him in if I can find one… looking exciting though and still only 21!? 

Edited by alreadyexists

Â