Jeremy Doku

Delphinho123

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Based on?

Looking at the stats i dont see it

Doku in ligue one 73 apperances 9 goals 7 assists

Johnson premier league 38 appearances 8 goals 3 assists

You could argue that dokus a cheaper option but the much better player? I disagree 

Eyeballs.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Except he has played only a handful of games centrally and he is not a link up player. He's a totally different profile to what we need as the second forward.

We need someone who plays up alongside Watkins and then drops deep to form part of the box modified. The way we play Buendia when he's up top.

A player like Ferran Torres fits the bill perfectly as he can play as a No9 also

Doku and Diaby are to be wingers and counter attacking speed. 

I'll let Emery decide what profile we need as a second forward.  But from what I've seen, Diaby is just that, a second forward. He's not a winger, no more than Salah and Saka are wingers, they operate on the right flank and cut in on their left to occupy the central positions.  Diaby will be doing this for us.

3 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Has this got legs or are people more hopeful than anything?

No idea, it was initially thought he was a backup option to Diaby.  But it's still floating about we are interested.  Could be bollocks though.

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

No idea, it was initially thought he was a backup option to Diaby.  But it's still floating about we are interested.  Could be bollocks though.

I don't know who he plays for but he doesn't sound very good.

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

I don't know who he plays for but he doesn't sound very good.

Plays for Rennes.  I've not seen him play much, but he's very highly rated.  Still a bit of a diamond in the rough, but there is potentially a world class player in there, if we believe the hype.  Seems very injury prone, would be a major concern were he to sign.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Plays for Rennes.  I've not seen him play much, but he's very highly rated.  Still a bit of a diamond in the rough, but there is potentially a world class player in there, if we believe the hype.  Seems very injury prone, would be a major concern were he to sign.

Sorry mate, it was a shit joke about a player named Bollocks. I know who Doku is.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I'd be happy with this one on a pay as you play deal given his terrible injury record.

There's no such thing as a pay as you play deal. Players agents aren't crazy.

Edited by villa89
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Talent is there.

Injury history is a big concern. We have Bailey already as injury prone wingers. Don't need 2 expensive ones.

The problem with Bailey is the talent isn't there, its a key difference.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I'll let Emery decide what profile we need as a second forward.  But from what I've seen, Diaby is just that, a second forward. He's not a winger, no more than Salah and Saka are wingers, they operate on the right flank and cut in on their left to occupy the central positions.  Diaby will be doing this for us.

What is hard to understand about squad Vs team? 11 players make the first team but we need a squad of players to be successful.

Watkins Diaby is a combination we all know that

Watkins New Forward is another combination. 

New Forward Diaby is another 

We need different profiles players with different skills and attributes to make a rounded squad.

This really shouldn't be hard to understand yet it seems to be so.

Watkins Bailey

Watkins Buendia

Those were most played front two under Emery. Is the penny dropping? Different types of players for different situations 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Based on?

Looking at the stats i dont see it

Doku in ligue one 73 apperances 9 goals 7 assists

Johnson premier league 38 appearances 8 goals 3 assists

You could argue that dokus a cheaper option but the much better player? I disagree 

The fact he's a better finisher, passer, dribbler, crosser. Is more creative, is faster and is younger. 

You are comparing stats from a season where doku was 18, a season from when he was 19, and season from when he was 20 vs Johnsons age 21 season.

And if we just go by minutes - Doku Goal Contributions per 90 over 3 seasons (all of which younger than Johnson) is 0.378, Johnson goal contributions per 90 is 0.337. 

And that's ignoring the fact that doku should probably have had like 2.5x the assists he tallied this year but his teammates couldn't finish. 

• Like 1

Â