Jeremy Doku

Delphinho123

16 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Is that true at international level or just in Ligue 1?

Fbref doesn't have his stats for Belgium, but whoscored says he completed 13 dribbles and 3 key passes across 135 mpg in 3 games. 

So not quite the same insane level of production but also such a tiny sample you can't draw any conclusions 

But he's looked very very good. 

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/388098/History/Jérémy-Doku

Also look here for his history with the national team. Not many minutes so you'll porbably have to look at totals and convert to per 90. But he's got 2 goals and 2 assists in 600 minutes for the national team across 3 seasons. 

Edited by MotoMkali

24 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t know much about him (as I’ve just been told! ;) ) but I think the positive thing here is we wouldn’t expect him to play every game, and hopefully he could toughen up over a couple of years…

Hamstrings and knees don’t tend to get better in that sense once you start to get injuries to them especially with the impact of physical activity demands from football.  If we sign him, they weren’t as bad because I’m sure our medical team will be all over it.

Ignoring attacking midfielders, I would class the forward positions as being: (1) Out and out centre forward, (2) Shadow / second striker, (3) Left winger and (4) Right winger.  Ideally you want two players for each of those positions. So let's have a look...

Centre forward:  Watkins / Archer

SS: Buendia? Bailey?

Left winger: Bailey / Coutinho

Right Winger: Diaby / Traore

Massive question marks over everyone there, apart from Watkins and our soon to be new right winger.  I would argue that, for us to have had a good window, Buendia and Bailey need to end up being cover options, Coutinho and Traore will be gone, and (pushing it maybe) Archer will be third option upfront.

So optimistically, I would hope for at least a starting Left winger and second striker to be brought in on top of what we have.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

Are we at risk of overloading the forward positions now? 

No. There's no natural backup to Ramsey, and Watkins is still our only proven Premier League striker. Still a ways to go yet. Getting there though.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Ignoring attacking midfielders, I would class the forward positions as being: (1) Out and out centre forward, (2) Shadow / second striker, (3) Left winger and (4) Right winger.  Ideally you want two players for each of those positions. So let's have a look...

Centre forward:  Watkins / Archer

SS: Buendia? Bailey?

Left winger: Bailey / Coutinho

Right Winger: Diaby / Traore

Massive question marks over everyone there, apart from Watkins and our soon to be new right winger.  I would argue that, for us to have had a good window, Buendia and Bailey need to end up being cover options, Coutinho and Traore will be gone, and (pushing it maybe) Archer will be third option upfront.

So optimistically, I would hope for at least a starting Left winger and second striker to be brought in on top of what we have.

Ramsey LW, Diaby/Bailey/Buendia SS, Bailey/mcginn/diaby/buendia RM. 

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

That's Diaby.

Except he has played only a handful of games centrally and he is not a link up player. He's a totally different profile to what we need as the second forward.

We need someone who plays up alongside Watkins and then drops deep to form part of the box modified. The way we play Buendia when he's up top.

A player like Ferran Torres fits the bill perfectly as he can play as a No9 also

Doku and Diaby are to be wingers and counter attacking speed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Except he has played only a handful of games centrally and he is not a link up player. He's a totally different profile to what we need as the second forward.

We need someone who plays up alongside Watkins and then drops deep to form part of the box modified. The way we play Buendia when he's up top.

A player like Ferran Torres fits the bill perfectly as he can play as a No9 also

Doku and Diaby are to be wingers and counter attacking speed. 

Except when everyone is fit we play Bailey not Buendia as the SS and McGinn as the RM. Or if we want more pressing and our RM to track back their wing back we swap mcginn and Bailey. But on offence their roles remain the same. 

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Except when everyone is fit we play Bailey not Buendia as the SS and McGinn as the RM. Or if we want more pressing and our RM to track back their wing back we swap mcginn and Bailey. But on offence their roles remain the same. 

You need to get your mind out of the concept of a first team. 11 players who start when they are fit. This is a squad game now at the level we are at. 

We field a team based on the opponent and our game plan. If we are playing Burnley at VP for example they will defend deeper and there is no space for speedy Diaby to exploit. We would field a player who will drop deep from the forward line to try drag defenders out of the back line and create gaps. Someone who can link play and play through balls.

That's why we need different profile of players on the squad for different set ups and different game plans. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Except when everyone is fit we play Bailey not Buendia as the SS

Yeah and neither have really performed in that role hence why we are looking.

12 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Think of Doku as a much better player than Johnson.

Based on?

Looking at the stats i dont see it

Doku in ligue one 73 apperances 9 goals 7 assists

Johnson premier league 38 appearances 8 goals 3 assists

You could argue that dokus a cheaper option but the much better player? I disagree 

Edited by Demitri_C

Â