Jeremy Doku

Delphinho123

Not sure on this or whether he is what we need at this moment in time… some mixed things. Concerns such as injury troubles (at such a young age), lack of starts, low numbers…

But also rave reviews, good stats, high potential etc.

It does seem like Diaby would be the “safer” or more effective option… but there are debatable points on him too…

We really need players that can step into the side and elevate it, that will make more of a contribution and difference than the ones they’re going to replace in that first 11. Especially if the outlay on fee and wages is high… it’s kind of pointless otherwise…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Why not both Diaby and Doku? Would sort out our attacking options.

Martinez

Cash/Konsa/New      Torres          Mings        Moreno

Kamara                    Luiz

McGinn/Tielemanns

Doku                                                    Diaby

Watkins

Edited by maqroll

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Martinez

McGinn/Tielemanns

Watkins

I’d like this, but swap one of Diaby/Doku for Felix. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Ouch, the green bars are great but it's in all the metrics I'd expect to fall when he moves to the Prem and all the underlying bits are almost zero, maybe Emery's formation allows for this with the CM helping the RB out but I don't think so.

Fairly sure this link is BS but those stats would've Worried me. 

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Martinez

McGinn/Tielemanns

Watkins

Because Ramsey will start ahead of both when fit😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Ouch, the green bars are great but it's in all the metrics I'd expect to fall when he moves to the Prem and all the underlying bits are almost zero, maybe Emery's formation allows for this with the CM helping the RB out but I don't think so.

Fairly sure this link is BS but those stats would've Worried me. 

Diaby’s is very similar…

Just can’t rely purely on stats can you?

I guess the fact that he has more experience, numbers (g/a), time (also older but still young) and consistency in a decent league, apparently less susceptible to injuries too, makes him the preferable and possibly more effective option… 

But younger players sometime have more potential to unlock, listen and learn more and can be developed and moulded. Unai has the capacity to make almost any decent player top class…

A difficult call to make but I suppose I’ll side with the club if this is true and see Doku as the back up option…

Can’t we just go n sign Chiesa instead? 😩

or additionally? 😃😂

Edited by Jas10

41 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He has hamstrings made of cheese. 

We must be mad to spend 30m on this guy.

Hopefully its a smokescreen.

image.thumb.png.8ba452faace04a1e437c14586f5595cd.png

Entire legs made of cheese it seems.  I don't think we can count on Doku.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Diaby’s is very similar…

Just can’t rely purely on stats can you?

I guess the fact that he has more experience, numbers (g/a), time (also older but still young) and consistency in a decent league, apparently less susceptible to injuries too, makes him the preferable and possibly more effective option… 

But younger players sometime have more potential to unlock, listen and learn more and can be developed and moulded. Unai has the capacity to make almost any decent player top class…

A difficult call to make but I suppose I’ll side with the club if this is true and see Doku as the back up option…

Can’t we just go n sign Chiesa instead? 😩

or additionally? 😃😂

Haha true, but at least Diaby is getting those numbers in a better league.

Dokus gotten 13 goals and 14 assists in his career (100 appearances), Diaby has made nearly double the appearances (195) but 47 goals and 50 assists.

I wouldn't normally pick players based purely on G+A but I've never seen Diaby and only seen Doku a couple times (very impressive tbf). But I'd choose the guy in the tougher league with pretty incredible numbers if it's a straight choice between the two.

But I'd be excited by either tbh, even if the lack of workrate shown in their fbref's would worry me a bit

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Haha true, but at least Diaby is getting those numbers in a better league.

Dokus gotten 13 goals and 14 assists in his career (100 appearances), Diaby has made nearly double the appearances (195) but 47 goals and 50 assists.

I wouldn't normally pick players based purely on G+A but I've never seen Diaby and only seen Doku a couple times (very impressive tbf). But I'd choose the guy in the tougher league with pretty incredible numbers if it's a straight choice between the two.

But I'd be excited by either tbh, even if the lack of workrate shown in their fbref's would worry me a bit

Yeah I agree. I would feel more assured if we signed Diaby but have concerns if we sign Doku. Also, the last thing we need is more players on the treatment table and unavailable when needed. We need to shift them instead, like Coutinho…

Your second paragraph is the deciding factor really, we need more assurances than risks and “enhancements” rather than development players imo (unless we can strike a couple of bargain deals).

I think it’s important that we bring in players that can take our team to the next level or two and that can provide consistent numbers/contributions. Those that can be relied on…

If not, we may as well stick with what we have and not waste money. I prefer the former approach 🤣

Edited by Jas10

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Yeah, hamstrings are an injury to be concerned about if they are happening a lot. Maybe we could rectify it but it’s a big gamble. No good him being out for weeks at a time. 

It’s a major worry, especially for players who rely on pace. Those that almost exclusively rely on it then have next to nothing to offer (Gabby?) when it diminishes. These sort of injuries can cut a career really short too…

Technique>pace for me, but there are some players that have a good combination of both… are Doku and Diaby more suited to this “category”?

The last thing we need is more injury prone players though, we need to lean on some high level performers instead…

I've watched him once for about 30 minutes in a Euro championship game about 3 years against Spain maybe or Sweden and on the basis of that I'm all for signing him.

He was the fastest most direct winger I've ever seen that day.

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I've watched him once for about 30 minutes in a Euro championship game about 3 years against Spain maybe or Sweden and on the basis of that I'm all for signing him.

He was the fastest most direct winger I've ever seen that day.

He's absolutely nuts when he squares the fullback up. He can go either way and before you know it, he's gone. He's an entertainer. 

This guy feels like a bit of a highlight reel player, to me.

I'm getting some real Allan Saint-Maximin vibes in that he's ocassionally utterly unplayable but is constantly injured so can never be relied upon for a sustained period. I love the idea of this being an internal leak to encourage a deal with Leverkusen for Diaby, however.

Â