Jeremy Doku

Delphinho123

6 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Ouch, the green bars are great but it's in all the metrics I'd expect to fall when he moves to the Prem and all the underlying bits are almost zero, maybe Emery's formation allows for this with the CM helping the RB out but I don't think so.

Fairly sure this link is BS but those stats would've Worried me. 

He's a winger. The position thing for him is just broken. He's still 99th percentile in all those categories but goals as a winger though. 

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I still cannot get over the fact that they paid £105m for Declan Rice 🤣

It's beyond belief hilarious. 

See while I think £105m is too much, I think Rice is a brilliant player whereas Havertz for £65m is just hysterical, I just don’t think he’s that good.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

See while I think £105m is too much, I think Rice is a brilliant player whereas Havertz for £65m is just hysterical, I just don’t think he’s that good.

Rice is just a DM who has nowhere near the technical ability of say a Casemiro, Rodri or Busquets.  Havertz was played out of position at Chelsea, I think he'll do well at Arsenal with the players he'll have around him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I still cannot get over the fact that they paid £105m for Declan Rice 🤣

It's beyond belief hilarious. 

If Kroenke doesn't get the desired return on this outlay, he will shut off the tap for good, mark my words.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Rice is just a DM who has nowhere near the technical ability of say a Casemiro, Rodri or Busquets.  Havertz was played out of position at Chelsea, I think he'll do well at Arsenal with the players he'll have around him.

Think you'll be surprised how much control Rice adds to that midfield.  At the top level, price is almost entirely irrelevant.

• Like 1

Journeyman footballer - scored four goals in national league as a centre forward for York City last season. Biggest claim to fame is he scored against Wrexham so has half a chance of being on the new Netflix series. 

NOT good enough for where we want to be.

Monchi out. 

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

This one may never have been a goer… sounds like we’ll be wrapping up the Diaby deal shortly…

New offer’s been submitted..

I'd like both and felix. We could probably do with 3 wingers, ramsey and another 2nd striker type. 

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'd like both and felix. We could probably do with 3 wingers, ramsey and another 2nd striker type. 

That would be upwards of 500k p/w in wages for the 3 players. 

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

We could probably manage something like that for one or two “exceptional talents”, if we get rid of a few players (esp the high earners who barely contribute).

A couple of top class players on, say 180-200k… I’d guess that it’s doable and manageable but we need a proper “return on investment”… something we’ve been shite at in the past…

Collective transfer fees are going to be massive if we do that kind of business though… 

I wonder how far we can actually stretch with it being feasible and manageable…

Apparently (going off Unai comments) we could and probably would have done a deal with Felix had Chelsea not stepped in… it was “not impossible” at the time…

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

All we need to do is shift Digne 🤣

Easier said than done anyway… same goes for Phil…

• Haha 1

Different player to Diaby, more of an out and out true winger/wide mid compared to the more modern forward style of Diaby.

Arguably he could become a similar type of player, he's good enough with the ball, but would adjust to being more of a true goalscoring threat and playing closer to the centre and around the box.

Its pretty clear Diaby is who we want and he's the better fit for what we need based on what Emery was going for last year. We need that second striker/versatile forward who can mix winger, striker and attacking mid together. Doku isn't that.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

I love FBref stats and the insight they provide, but sometimes it’s the basic stuff which provides the most insight. Last season he made 29 appearances in the league, but only 13 of them were starts. So clearly there’s a mismatch between these stats and the actual impact he has on the first team.

My assumption would be that coming off the bench regularly leads to some distortions of the per 90 data. Hypothetical example 1 dribble in a 10 minute cameo against a tired defence = 9 dribbles per 90 which is the best in Europe, and in reality is completely different to a player who completes 9 successful dribbles in one game.

Not saying he’s a bad player or anything, obviously he’s got a lot of talent but extra context is needed for the stats and in this case it’s probably over exaggerated some of his positive attributes.

• Like 2

Â