Jeremy Doku

Delphinho123

34 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The problem with Bailey is the talent isn't there, its a key difference.

We spent enough on him and his performance in Germany suggests there is. 

Statistically in Germany he's very close to Diaby?

29 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

What is hard to understand about squad Vs team? 11 players make the first team but we need a squad of players to be successful.

Watkins Diaby is a combination we all know that

Watkins New Forward is another combination. 

New Forward Diaby is another 

We need different profiles players with different skills and attributes to make a rounded squad.

This really shouldn't be hard to understand yet it seems to be so.

Watkins Bailey

Watkins Buendia

Those were most played front two under Emery. Is the penny dropping? Different types of players for different situations 

What are you on about?

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

The fact he's a better finisher, passer, dribbler, crosser. Is more creative, is faster and is younger. 

You are comparing stats from a season where doku was 18, a season from when he was 19, and season from when he was 20 vs Johnsons age 21 season.

And if we just go by minutes - Doku Goal Contributions per 90 over 3 seasons (all of which younger than Johnson) is 0.378, Johnson goal contributions per 90 is 0.337. 

And that's ignoring the fact that doku should probably have had like 2.5x the assists he tallied this year but his teammates couldn't finish. 

Your also ignoring that johnson has had one in premier league and with awful forest team

But your arguments certainly have more foundation and context than "eyeballs"

10 hours ago, duke313 said:

What does it matter, they all played in Ligue 1.

Well it matters to my curiosity about the comparison because I know Messi, Neymar and Mbappe have also produced in real leagues/competitions against non-comedy defences.

7 hours ago, villa89 said:

The problem with Bailey is the talent isn't there, its a key difference.

Blagged his way all his career through to being one of the most coveted young wingers/forwards in Europe and putting up record numbers at one stage you reckon he did then?

Would you say the likes of Delle Alli , Mario Balotelli or Freddy Adu had/have no talent as well?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Blagged his way all his career through to being one of the most coveted young wingers/forwards in Europe and putting up record numbers at one stage you reckon he did then?

Would you say the likes of Delle Alli , Mario Balotelli or Freddy Adu had/have no talent as well?

Baileys first game he was electric - a real player.

Cant help but think the injury/fitness was the bigger problem  than lack of ability.

• Like 1

Doku would be an interesting one.

Sort of signing where there's no pressure for him to make an instant impact with getting Diaby in, can ease him in via Europa and league cup and then up to him what sort of impact he makes in premier league.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CVByrne said:

What is hard to understand about squad Vs team? 11 players make the first team but we need a squad of players to be successful.

Watkins Diaby is a combination we all know that

Watkins New Forward is another combination. 

New Forward Diaby is another 

We need different profiles players with different skills and attributes to make a rounded squad.

This really shouldn't be hard to understand yet it seems to be so.

Watkins Bailey

Watkins Buendia

Those were most played front two under Emery. Is the penny dropping? Different types of players for different situations 

Edited by Don_Simon
Off topic.
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Bailey has loads of ability.  But he just doesnt have enough room in the Prem to shine. Better defenders and his injuries have spoilt his skillset . One that got away in all honesty as i thought we were getting a potential superstar

He doesn't have enough room because he can't threaten them with his pace the way he did in bundesliga because he's been hurt. If he's fully fit they'll have to give him more room otherwise he'll just sprint down the outside of them. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Off topic, you are becoming more and more aggressive with your posts. You've always been a part of the forum whose thoughts I'd valued and appreciated, it's a shame you post like this now.

On topic, squad options is good. I like squad options.

Lol I think some of you often forget that, behind our user names, we are actual humans outside of Villa talk land.

Different moods, different emotions on different days, constipation, woman problems, family problems, a beer too many, bad Charlie , or just sick of everyone in general etc 🤣

If you value his thoughts, and usually like his posts, he's still the same bloke.

I inadvertently take my real life shite out on the forum at times as well. 

It's not that serious.

On topic, as you say, having quality squad options are good, and for some reason, it is as if some of our fans are terrified by the prospect.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol I think some of you often forget that, behind our user names, we are actual humans outside of Villa talk land.

Different moods, different emotions on different days, constipation, woman problems, family problems, a beer too many, bad Charlie , or just sick of everyone in general etc 🤣

If you value his thoughts, and usually like his posts, he's still the same bloke.

It's not that serious.

On topic, as you say, having quality squad options are good, and for some reason, it is as if some of our fans are terrified by the prospect.

Thing is Professor Emery is the man capable of making it work.

We saw a little glimpse of his handling the squad in rotating Digne and Moreno last season. We will see much more of this in the new season which is good as it keeps the players motivated and focused.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's not that serious.

Fair point. Don't agree entirely, but I get the theme. Post deleted.

• Like 1

I love Doku but unless we are trying to be more tactically flexible (probably) or playing in a new system, I just don't think he is the best option.

If we sign him, I'll be happy but I have a feeling we should go for someone else.

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Speak for yourself, I am a God!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Â