Jeremy Doku

Delphinho123

I'd be surprised if he was genuinely the backup option if we fail to land Diaby - especially with all the injury issues he's had.  I can see that we might have enquired about him - but possibly more as an alternative to Gnonto - i.e. a player that we can use more to make an impact from the bench.  Introducing him slowly and giving him a proper chance to rest / strengthen his hamstrings and not put too much stress on his body through a long and hopefully busy season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

His injury record over last 2 seasons is worrying. 8 separate injuries and missed 43 matches.

A good few hamstrimg injuries in that

if his cheaper well end up with him join coutino on injury table

48 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s what I do!

But seriously, I can’t see us messing around with Leverkusen. If they’re starting a bidding war, I think we’ll happily move to Doku. 

Probably leaked by Monchi as a negotiating ploy. But the interest might be legitimate, and could make BL lower their price.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Probably leaked by Monchi as a negotiating ploy. But the interest might be legitimate, and could make BL lower their price.

Possible yes. My issue with the Saudi bid is it’s likely that the player is open to the move if they’ve bid. 

Honestly, I’d kinda be pleased if we walked away and didnt bid any higher. No point getting into a bidding war with an oil state, especially if you value the player at X and not Y.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

His injury record over last 2 seasons is worrying. 8 separate injuries and missed 43 matches.

A good few hamstrimg injuries in that

All too often the problem and concern with pacy players…

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Wouldn’t B Johnson be the alternative option?

I really liked what I saw of him for Belgium in the last Euros. Didn't play much for them in world cup so I assume he hasn't quite kicked on for Rennes but still 21.

Think he's more in the Brennan Johnson profile than Diaby tbh so one of the fallback options if Diaby move falls through.

• Like 1

Â