Jeremy Doku

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I just watched a highlights vid, and apart from it looking like it was filmed on a Nokia 3310 I was very impressed. Looks quick to run at players and moves the ball quickly (for want of a better description). Will try and watch a full game with him in if I can find one… looking exciting though and still only 21!? 

Yeh. He’s been linked to a host of top clubs in the past but he’s had hamstring injuries. Always a risk with a quick players. Bailey has struggled with them.

Doku is very much a bums off seat type player. I’d love Emery to get his hands on him and mould him into something special! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Doku and Diaby would be very exciting 

We won't be going for Doku now.

The final piece is someone who can play Second Striker or a number 9. So playing with Watkins or on place of him.

Ferran Torres, João Felix, Brennan Johnson. One of those please 

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I realise this is a farmers league mostly but some of these clips are absolutely mad. Guys a rocket ship. 

I think better players come out of France than Serie A,  I think it’s a good developmental league an opportunity for youngsters to transition before making the step up. And yes he is some talent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

What's so special about him is that he's beating his man in a tight space then scoring. It's very rare for a player to be able to do that as it takes a lot of them to beat their man. Especially not in a crowded box. Almost all his goals here are self created through dribbling or a give and go where he lays it off and blasts past the defender. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We won't be going for Doku now.

The final piece is someone who can play Second Striker or a number 9. So playing with Watkins or on place of him.

Ferran Torres, João Felix, Brennan Johnson. One of those please 

That's Diaby.

• Thanks 1

On 18/07/2023 at 11:17, lexicon said:
On 17/07/2023 at 18:45, Jas10 said:

Completely agree, stats without context are useless and misleading…

Yep, 100% agree too. 

Yeah I agree 87.3%.

• Haha 1

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That's Diaby.

When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That's Diaby.

edit - damn your eyes, Villan-scott

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That's Diaby.

Yeah I get the impression his history as a striker and eye for goal is part of what has made him a target for us. When taken in the context of Emery liking his fluid formations in possession and personnel who can operate in multiple positions, it would make us a nightmare to mark in the attacking areas.

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

When the moon hits your eye like a bigga pizza pie?

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie

When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine

There is a song in there somewhere 

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Where would this guy play? He's right footed, is he more of a traditional winger on the right, or does he cut in from the left?

I mean he’s right footed but can beat a man by cutting inside or around the outside (old school style)  it would give Emery some options similar to what he had at previous clubs I’ll refer to Villarreal’s occasional front 3 Pino Moreno Chukweze .

Â