Jeremy Doku

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I mean he’s right footed but can beat a man by cutting inside or around the outside (old school style)  it would give Emery some options similar to what he had at previous clubs I’ll refer to Villarreal’s occasional front 3 Pino Moreno Chukweze .

A front three of Doku - Watkins - Diaby would be pretty exciting, not to mention Moreno bombing past Doku when he cuts it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

We won't be going for Doku now.

The final piece is someone who can play Second Striker or a number 9. So playing with Watkins or on place of him.

Ferran Torres, João Felix, Brennan Johnson. One of those please 

On the first part, I wouldn’t be surprised if we got another winger. I don’t think Emery trusts Bailey, Traore or Buendia to score or create that much. I could see us getting another winger and moving some on. 
I think the board want to take that next step up now and will back Emery to get it right 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Where would this guy play? He's right footed, is he more of a traditional winger on the right, or does he cut in from the left?

Equally effective on btoh sides. Primarily plays on the right though. 

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

If Ramsey played in Ligue 1 he’d fill that circle around the heptagon and they’d have to do another exciting shape around it just for him.

I don't think you understand how good doku is. His per 90 stats are equivalent to Mbappe, Neymar and Messi. Barring goals per 90 and that's only because he doesn't get close to as many chances. He doubles his xG which is insane. 

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Be suprised if we sign him as well unless bailey buendia or coutinho is sold

I wonder if we could do a deal to include either Buendia, Bailey or even Sanson 

4 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I think this is on, 21 years old a Belgium international made his debut at 18 predominately a right and left sided winger but can play central has had his fair share of injures but I think that’s something we could manage and help him with he wouldn’t be a nailed on starter here and we could integrate him gradually manage his workload.  He’s a special talent.

Stop being so sensible, he’s either crippled or gonna win the ballon D’or 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I don't think you understand how good doku is. His per 90 stats are equivalent to Mbappe, Neymar and Messi. Barring goals per 90 and that's only because he doesn't get close to as many chances. He doubles his xG which is insane. 

Sounds like Doku only plays 90 mins per season anyway with all the injuries he had.  He looks really impressive, if we do buy him I hope we can reduce that injury time especially as they are mainly consistently knee and hamstring injuries.

Just now, nick76 said:

Sounds like Doku only plays 90 mins per season anyway with all the injuries he had.  He looks really impressive, if we do buy him I hope we can reduce that injury time especially as they are mainly consistently knee and hamstring injuries.

It's certainly a risk but if he can stay fit he'll be a bona-fide superstar so worth the risk imo. 

32 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Is that true at international level or just in Ligue 1?

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t know much about him (as I’ve just been told! ;) ) but I think the positive thing here is we wouldn’t expect him to play every game, and hopefully he could toughen up over a couple of years…

Â