Jeremy Doku

Delphinho123

18 hours ago, CVByrne said:

What is hard to understand about squad Vs team? 11 players make the first team but we need a squad of players to be successful.

Watkins Diaby is a combination we all know that

Watkins New Forward is another combination. 

New Forward Diaby is another 

We need different profiles players with different skills and attributes to make a rounded squad.

This really shouldn't be hard to understand yet it seems to be so.

Watkins Bailey

Watkins Buendia

Those were most played front two under Emery. Is the penny dropping? Different types of players for different situations 

That makes sense.

I think the pursuit of Doku, shows his intent on finding solutions....it won't just be a settled 11, it will be players( attributes) to find solutions to beat the opposition.

I think that's where UE sets himself apart from many other managers.....He has the tactical Nous, to do this......Last season, as successful as it was, he was hamstrung, by the small squad and the subsequent limited options.

Horses for courses.....as they say.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If the options are sign doku and selk bailey or keep bailey and not sign doku id rather keep bailey.

Him and diaby know each other and are so **** quick it would be exciting to watar 

We’ve been over this. Bailey isn’t quick. You know this. 

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If the options are sign doku and selk bailey or keep bailey and not sign doku id rather keep bailey.

But they aren't the options. The situation is bailey is awful and needs to be replaced, ditto traore. We need to sign a winger and doku might fit the bill. If anyone is stupid enough to offer us anything for bailey we will sell him, otherwise we'll be stuck with him. I don't think its a choice between them. 

Edited by villa89

Baileys has 2 problems,.main one is confidence and this leads to his second one, decision making. He improved towards the end of the season and hopefully will continue to improve.  There's a player in there, we have all seen it . 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, tinker said:

Baileys has 2 problems,.main one is confidence and this leads to his second one, decision making. He improved towards the end of the season and hopefully will continue to improve.  There's a player in there, we have all seen it . 

Exactly ans you can see at their time together in germany they were unplayable together in games. We would be crazy not to gove bailey another season with his mate

• Like 1

On 21/07/2023 at 10:29, StanBalaban said:

🎵 When you watch from the Witton,

And the defender's been shit on... 🎵

When you stand on The Holte and you've shot your Bolt. 

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly ans you can see at their time together in germany they were unplayable together in games. We would be crazy not to gove bailey another season with his mate

We should definitely give Bailey another season. It will also help Diaby settle given they know each other.  As for Bailey’s pace, I saw it at BL but I haven’t seen it in a Villa shirt, I’m just hoping his injuries haven’t curtailed that essential part of his game.  He was definitely more often a miss than a hit last season, hopefully new season brings the opposite.

• Like 4

Please say this link is credible! For me this is one of the most exciting links in many years. i remember him breaking through coming on as a substitute in the 2020 Euros, and he is one of those players where you just think wow! A bit like the first time I saw Ronaldinho or Adama Traoré. They way Doku bursts past defenders and his dribbling and trickery is among the most eye catching I've seen. And in contrast to Adama Traoré, Doku seems to be a fairly good passer and a team player. 

Then of course the flip-side is his injuries, as often is with these extremely explosive players. Seemes like he missed a third of last season or something like that. Regardless of that, if we could get him for around 20M I wouldn't hesitate one second, even if he only is available for half a season every year he would contribute and give us that x-factor we love to see. Him, Diaby, Watkins and Bailey would give us quite some speed up front!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Please say this link is credible! For me this is one of the most exciting links in many years. i remember him breaking through coming on as a substitute in the 2020 Euros, and he is one of those players where you just think wow! A bit like the first time I saw Ronaldinho or Adama Traoré. They way Doku bursts past defenders and his dribbling and trickery is among the most eye catching I've seen. And in contrast to Adama Traoré, Doku seems to be a fairly good passer and a team player. 

Then of course the flip-side is his injuries, as often is with these extremely explosive players. Seemes like he missed a third of last season or something like that. Regardless of that, if we could get him for around 20M I wouldn't hesitate one second, even if he only is available for half a season every year he would contribute and give us that x-factor we love to see. Him, Diaby, Watkins and Bailey would give us quite some speed up front!

Hardly comparable players 😂 One, a generational icon who played for some of the biggest teams in the world as a star, the other an oiled up one-trick pony who can barely get in at Wolves. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Hardly comparable players 😂 One, a generational icon who played for some of the biggest teams in the world as a star, the other an oiled up one-trick pony who can barely get in at Wolves. 

The comparision I made was the feeling when I saw a player for the first time, and the few players you instantly think wow what is this. Ronaldinho, the first time I saw him did these amazing tricks, Adama Traore when I saw him against CP made some incredible bursts. Doku, the first time I saw him did both the Ronaldinho tricks and the Traore bursts. Can’t remember many other players that have had that instant wow-factor on me. Saint-Maximan perhaps, but he instantly also looked a bit of a clown.

If you think I compared Doku, Ronaldinho and Traore as players in general you have misunderstood.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

The comparision I made was the feeling when I saw a player for the first time, and the few players you instantly think wow what is this. Ronaldinho, the first time I saw him did these amazing tricks, Adama Traore when I saw him against CP made some increadible bursts. Doku, the first time I saw him did both the Ronaldinho tricks and the Traore bursts. Can’t remember many other players that have had that instant wow-factor on me. Saint-Maximan perhaps, but he instantly also looked a bit of a clown.

If you think I compared Doku, Ronaldinho and Traore as players in general you have misunderstood.

I think I watched the same game. I think even Mbappe came out and said he was incredible. Injuries are obviously a concern but he’s such a dangerous player.

Would represent a bit of a gamble for us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think I watched the same game. I think even Mbappe came out and said he was incredible. Injuries are obviously a concern but he’s such a dangerous player.

Would represent a bit of a gamble for us. 

Yes indeed, and I would have thought that our priority now is a striker or a no 10, though I obviously want us to sign him and take the gamble :- )

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently had a new bid of 21.5 mill turned down, and they want 25.

Thought this thread was quiet I think Jaden P-B’s pre season contributed to that. Somewhere in the middle between 25-21m for Doku is a steal imo.

Â