Missing Submersible

chrisp65

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

If you were in that position would you be tempted to kill the other people inside off?

Very dark i know but desperate people do insane things and if your own survival is at stake and you want to make the oxygen last as long as possible for rescue this would be the only way of doing it?

You'd need to be John Wick to kill 4 people in a confined space without being over powered, and then if you succeed you await death or prison.

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

What if they die because nobody packed the AA batteries?

It's all about redundancies.  Planes are a good example,  like that but better.  In a plane,  at least you can glide for a bit.  That deep,  any mistake and its all over.

3 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

You'd need to be John Wick to kill 4 people in a confined space without being over powered, and then if you succeed you await death or prison.

I also think any oxygen you were trying to preserve would've been more than used up in the ensuing mêlée.

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It is a very sobering thought that, with all our advances as humans, we have still not conquered the bottom of the Sea

Pretty sure I heard somewhere we know less about the bottom of the ocean than we do about space.... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

It’s a bit worrying that so many people online (and a few at my workplace) have suggested that they should just break the hatch and try to swim to the surface lol. Even if they could open it they’d get crushed to death by the pressure of the water. 

They’d do well to hold their breath and swim 3.8km.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Pretty sure I heard somewhere we know less about the bottom of the ocean than we do about space.... 

Believe it was Bickster earlier in this thread 

3 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

If it is actually on the surface is it still the same scenario? They will run out of oxygen?

Yeah, the tapping noise indicates it might actually be close to the surface but they can’t let themselves out regardless of where they are. 

18 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

'Space' is a fair sized thing though.

• Like 1

"Things only get trickier if they're located"

Well no, I'd say it's much more difficult to rescue them while they're not located.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yeah people say that all the time because it sounds impressive. It's not true but people say it. We know loads about the bottom of the ocean, many times what we know about the vast reaches of space. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, phily85 said:

Believe it was Bickster earlier in this thread 

not quite

What I said was...

we we know a hell of a lot more about going into space than we do about exploring the depths of the Atlantic Ocean

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

imagine if they find them, drag them to the surface, only to find that no one has anything to unscrew the bolts with

It’ll defo be that one bloody allen key size you haven’t got. Always.

Hang on, hang on! I’m gonna stick my door key in at a jaunty angle and see if I can just, nope, nope, I’ve broken my door key.

I’m actually looking for a spoon or a knife now. Hang on…

• Haha 2

It does seem pretty ridiculous it’s bolted from the outside with no mechanism to open it from the inside in an emergency.

What if they’re bobbing around on the surface somewhere but die of lack of oxygen? 

Â