Missing Submersible

chrisp65

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Also, has anybody officially ruled out the Kraken?

Do you mean the captain was pissedimage.jpeg.ba774eed29615551f806d9924772759e.jpeg

on this stuff and forgot to seal the hatch

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

Looking forward to the office tomorrow so I can sit next to a group of middle aged admin staff, that happen to qualified maritime engineers and hold a licence in underwater exploration and rescue.

If this is what we've come up with imagine what Facebook have established by now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I'm sure i heard a BBC journo ask at the most recent coastguard conference how much food and water do they have?

How irrelevant given the situation.

I calculated they will be drinking each others urine about four hours ago

58 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Surprised it ain't got a tracker, blackbox like aircraft have.

The one thing that has been established is that communication at that depth is impossible without a physical cable. And they haven't got a cable, I assume because it costs money. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If this is what we've come up with imagine what Facebook have established by now. 

Have any other recent mysteries been given the VT treatment? 

Was the Madeleine McCann disappearance solved ? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I calculated they will be drinking each others urine about four hours ago

Apparently the captain has been drinking his for days, he loves the taste of it. 

image.png.186ef7cc99850a2980cf9c5075cbd7a2.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The one thing that has been established is that communication at that depth is impossible without a physical cable. And they haven't got a cable, I assume because it costs money. 

All you need is a couple of hundred 20 meter extension cables, some waterproof gaffer tape and a few fly fishing lures 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Follyfoot said:

All you need is a couple of hundred 20 meter extension cables, some waterproof gaffer tape and a few fly fishing lures 

Middle of Lidl. Jobs a good un. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I think the interest in this is the unknown and the potential for it to have an outcome, see also the Chilean miners, the Thai football team cave rescue, Nicola Bulley, or even to a lesser extent the Ever Given container ship. These things don't so much as have a countdown, but they do have a potential path to a conclusion. This would not be of interest if the headline was submersible runs out of oxygen and is recovered from the surface over the titanic. It's final, its ended. Nothing more to see.

You could say the same about the sear h for Madeleine McCann. Thousands of kids go missing every year but none will ever get that kind of media attention. 

Some stories are just different amd more intriguing for various factors. This is definitely one of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve used all sorts of doors and I once nearly watched Das Boot.

I knew absolutely nothing about this until 40 minutes ago, but since researching it on the internet, I am now an eggspurt.

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

No, it's because apple changed the connecter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

I knew absolutely nothing about this until 40 minutes ago, but since researching it on the internet, I am now an eggspurt.

Get in there and dominate the opinions. It’s important to blow your own trumpet!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Get in there and dominate the opinions. It’s important to blow your own trumpet!

You have to be careful doing that as you can put your back out quite easily

• Like 1

Â