Missing Submersible

chrisp65

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Was this the maiden voyage of the tin can? It’s kind of poetic in a way then. 

No, it was built allegedly in 2009, the previous CEO resigned some years ago over the subs safety and build quality 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Was this the maiden voyage of the tin can? It’s kind of poetic in a way then. 

It wasn't but if you look at their website they talk about it being the only sub that has a constant hull integrity monitoring system which picks up the tiniest imperfections in the hull allowing the pilot to resurface safely before any catastrophic collapse can happen. 

Essentially claiming it's unsinkable. 

• Haha 3

On the communication thing, can't they have a sonar sounder that they can use morse code on? Surely that can't be that impossible. 

Edited by sidcow

I hope they find these people.  If not, the Internet loons will come up with all sorts of conspiracy theories.  

They faked their deaths because they are needed back on the lizard home world. 

Prince Andrew had them killed because they were about to expose him as a lizard overlord.  

They never really existed. The media staged the whole thing to justify stricter controls on private submarines. 

And so on. 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Spelling mishsteaks
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I think because the tin can (i.e. the heath Robinson "sub" that had apparently not been subject to any official tests and certification) lost contact before it reached the bottom, had started to leak.

Boyency was affected and dumping the metal ballast made no difference as the sub was now too heavy. It is now on the bottom somewhere, with no power so they cannot communicate (....they communicate by "text"!!!!!....) with the mother ship, so nobody knows where they are.

The noises detected may indicate they are alive in a dark, rapidly filling with cold water, metal tin can. I think there is little chance for a rescue.

Sounds like the company was cutting corners at every opportunity and charging a fortunate for it....like a lot firms do, including the company I work for....but at least we dont make submarines.......

The noises would suggest it's not rapidly filling, otherwise it would have been over very quickly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I hope they find these people.  If not, the Internet loons will come up with all sorts of conspiracy theories.  

They faked their deaths because they are needed back on the lizard home world. 

Prince Andrew had them killed because they were about to expose him as a lizard overlord.  

They never really existed. The media staged the whole thing to justify stricter controls on private submarines. 

And so on. 

Faking their own deaths to avoid taxes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

With people dying all over the world in all sorts of ways I find it a bit weird that these 5 get so much attention when they are on a tourist jaunt to the bottom of the sea. The King has asked to be updated, President Biden is being briefed etc. 

I can’t help but think it is because they are billionaires and so are more important to society or something? 

I guess it is a bit like the Titanic itself. A lot of very rich and famous people died on that trip so it is immortalised in history in a way most other disasters are not. 

The British guy is heavily involved in The Princes trust so is probably known to King Charlie. 

Edit - Also involved in The British Asian Trust, also set up by the King. He's probably a personal friend. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I find the glee over this somewhat disturbing. It’s because they’re rich, right?

Where is the glee? 

Dark humour maybe as there always is when people die in unusual/stupid ways regardless of if they are rich or poor.  It's a national trait. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Essentially claiming it's unsinkable. 

Good morning Dragons,  I am looking for  £1,000,000 for 10% equity.  I have invented a submarine guaranteed not to sink.

I'm out. 

I'm out. 

I'm out. 

I'm out. 

I'm out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Where is the glee? 

Dark humour maybe as there always is when people die in unusual/stupid ways regardless of if they are rich or poor.  It's a national trait. 

Agreed.  

I think there might be a couple of jokes about the Titanic itself in the last 100+ years.   

5 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Good morning Dragons,  I am looking for  £1,000,000 for 10% equity.  I have invented a submarine guaranteed not to sink.

I'm out. 

I'm out. 

I'm out. 

I'm out. 

I'm out. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Peter Jones: A submarine that doesn’t sink is just a boat isn’t it?

Oh aren't Villa Talk posters SO clever. 

• Haha 2

https://twitter.com/SuchandrikaC/status/1671018948513366016?s=20

One button, touch screen, no backup power, no plan B, leaked documents from a whisteblower that say the port hole was rated to go down to 1,400 metres, you are actually going down to nearly 4,000 metres, a knock off xbox controller running bluetooth that's the only method of controlling the whole thing, an escape hatch that can only be opened from the outside, a CEO that's a complete cowboy, parts bought from amazon.

It was inevitable this was going to happen. It was a death trap. The only surprise is that they were able to make a few successful trips down before it happened. 

Edited by villa89

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Where is the glee? 

Maybe “glee” is a bit much, but basically **** all caring, loads of jokes, “they’re stupid rich and deserve it” type stuff.

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

I think because the tin can (i.e. the heath Robinson "sub" that had apparently not been subject to any official tests and certification) lost contact before it reached the bottom, had started to leak.

Boyency was affected and dumping the metal ballast made no difference as the sub was now too heavy. It is now on the bottom somewhere, with no power so they cannot communicate (....they communicate by "text"!!!!!....) with the mother ship, so nobody knows where they are.

The noises detected may indicate they are alive in a dark, rapidly filling with cold water, metal tin can. I think there is little chance for a rescue.

Sounds like the company was cutting corners at every opportunity and charging a fortunate for it....like a lot firms do, including the company I work for....but at least we dont make submarines.......

I did not realise they would be in the dark

29 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Maybe “glee” is a bit much, but basically **** all caring, loads of jokes, “they’re stupid rich and deserve it” type stuff.

Without trying to call anyone stupid here, if I was a multi-millionaire the last thing I would give a **** about doing would be to waste a stupid amount of money to go to the bottom of the ocean to see a decayed shipwreck.

Sadly, Some people really do have more money than sense.

• Like 1

Â