Europa Conference Final/Champions League Final

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

When has pep built a title winning team from a similar starting point? 

Not only that, but Klopp was competing with this financially doped Pep team for those titles. Lost out by a point of 2 on 2 separate occasions as well. I honestly think that Liverpool side was much more impressive.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

I know he doesn’t care. I’m not disputing his motives. And the very small price he has to pay is that he’s a selfish turncoat. That’s just an indisputable fact. The point I was making is that I find it pathetic for Villa fans to celebrate his success with another club who have cheated to succeed. I think it’s a real loser’s mentality. And I find it bizarre from supporters of a club that won its own European cup in the 80s. 

And by the way, there are plenty of sports where people don’t just abandon their teams for a better chance of personal success elsewhere. Real team spirit and loyalty does exist elsewhere thankfully. 

Where, in Disney movies? It's extremely rare to happen in real life. Unless there are stringent rules in place to prevent hoarding of talent, the top talent eventually congeals in the same spots. That's how it goes. "Selfish turncoat" is just a bitter way of wording "career-minded".

5 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

And by the way, there are plenty of sports where people don’t just abandon their teams for a better chance of personal success elsewhere. Real team spirit and loyalty does exist elsewhere thankfully. 

I guess we won't want to be seeing that sense of team spirit and loyalty in our top targets this summer, otherwise we won't be signing anybody else. 

All that money spent, one of the best attacks in football history assembled, and it took a DM to win them the Champions League against objectively weaker opposition.

Guardiola's supposed to be some kind of genius then, eh? Spare me.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Ecstatic the fans look 😂

"Yay!"
"What's that, Desmond?"
"I said yay, Roger! A European Cup! Stupendous!"
"Yes, indeed, who could have imagined this moment when we became City fans 6 years ago??"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Ecstatic the fans look 😂

I'm actually shocked. I knew they were plastic but this is something else. If we, or indeed almost any other club, won the Champions League it would be absolute mayhem at the final whistle.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Jesus. I probably wouldn’t even wake up for days if we won the FA cup. Happy clappers look about as happy here as when I bring home a fresh loaf of bread.

Can remember the FA Cup day

"once in a lifetime, I'm not getting pissed"

Sat in the spoons with a beer and a breakfast at 9am...3 lads walk in with captain Morgan hats on "where'd you get them from?" "seaman and Townsend are over the road pouring pints" so I necked what was left of my pint, ran over the road, got a pint poured by David seaman, necked that, got a hat and ran back to the spoons

I got pissed...

Now imagine a game that kicked off at 10pm..... There's got to be some pissed up nutters somewhere in the city crowd but that video looks like holiday makers on a lovely day out organised by their TUI guide

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

WTAF

If Villa won the league cup it would carnage

It was carnage when Man City won their ‘Aguero’ title. 

If you keep winning everything every year though it gets less and less exciting each time.

Whether you are a Man City fan, a Villa fan or a fan of the Dog and Duck pub team. 

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Chelsea and utd are both over £1bn in the last 10 years, I'm sure Liverpool are in the £700m-800m range

Utd might have spent more than city, or at least very close to it but of course get those Norwich scarves out...

Yeahhhhhh but….

You are forgetting Man City’s hidden 2 billion in “extras” that are conveniently not listed/hidden. (Note: Just a guess not fact)

33 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It was carnage when Man City won their ‘Aguero’ title. 

If you keep winning everything every year though it gets less and less exciting each time.

Whether you are a Man City fan, a Villa fan or a fan of the Dog and Duck pub team. 

And if you know your club are horrendous cheats it has to impact on it as well. 

I genuinely couldn't get excited if we won the champs league doing what they've done. 

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think a lot of the arguments for it are built around the myth that surrounds him. 

That he's this genius, sport changing manager. 

Again I’m not sure what is mythical about that. He’s one of the best managers ever. It’s pretty hard to argue against that imo. 

If you disagree then fair enough but calling it a myth is really strange

Â