Europa Conference Final/Champions League Final

andykeenan

27 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

I find the “pleased for grealish” nonsense for a player who turned his back on us to join a bunch of cheats astonishingly pathetic. He’s a turncoat. Wanted to leave to win trophies and play with better players. Well that just makes him a selfish turncoat. 

He won everything in just 2 years. He could stay at Villa for the rest of his career and quite conceivably not win a single trophy. He made the right move for his career and it's paid dividends pretty much immediately.

• Like 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

What’s wrong with our current owners?

They're an absolute force for good for the financial and sporting success of Aston Villa and the wider V Sports corporation family. I despise that the v sports family is a thing.

I hate the disgusting price hikes, the bullshit of requiring a membership for the chance to be eligible to buy a ticket, the Holte terrace view, and the absurdity of them pleading about market rates to put our prices up while remaining silent about the areas we charge more than market rates.

Within the grotesque Premier League, they're probably the best owners we can hope for, but billionaires are not our friends.

I'm well aware I'm in the vast minority on this, and they've brought, or bought, us success, but I don't like them, and I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss. I'm probably just done as a paying fan/customer of top flight football

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

He won everything in just 2 years. He could stay at Villa for the rest of his career and quite conceivably not win a single trophy. He made the right move for his career and it's paid dividends pretty much immediately.

With a bunch of cheats. Still a selfish turncoat as I said. Whatever floats your boat. 

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong I'm no fan of Man City or there fans. But if we're real, we would have to admit, they have the best manager and team of players in the world build on ignoring FFP rules. Unfortunately I think the brown envelops have gone round already, making sure City will just get a slap on the wrist and carry on dominating the game, maybe until Pep leaves.

1 minute ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

With a bunch of cheats. Still a selfish turncoat as I said. Whatever floats your boat. 

Players don't care about the inner workings of the board of directors or whatever. They just want to win things and join the teams that give the best chance for that. Put your emotion as a Villa fan aside and look at it from the lens of a professional player.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Was he enabling us to breach the rules?

Honestly mate, you're probably picking this fight with the wrong person, I don't particularly like our current owners and won't give the **** a penny.

Wtf? Why dont you like our currwnt owners who have saved our club?

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They're an absolute force for good for the financial and sporting success of Aston Villa and the wider V Sports corporation family. I despise that the v sports family is a thing.

I hate the disgusting price hikes, the bullshit of requiring a membership for the chance to be eligible to buy a ticket, the Holte terrace view, and the absurdity of them pleading about market rates to put our prices up while remaining silent about the areas we charge more than market rates.

Within the grotesque Premier League, they're probably the best owners we can hope for, but billionaires are not our friends.

I'm well aware I'm in the vast minority on this, and they've brought, or bought, us success, but I don't like them, and I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss. I'm probably just done as a paying fan/customer of top flight football

Your definitely in tbe minority i absolutely lovw what wes and nassef have done for this club.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Players don't care about the inner workings of the board of directors or whatever. They just want to win things and join the teams that give the best chance for that. Put your emotion as a Villa fan aside and look at it from the lens of a professional player.

I know he doesn’t care. I’m not disputing his motives. And the very small price he has to pay is that he’s a selfish turncoat. That’s just an indisputable fact. The point I was making is that I find it pathetic for Villa fans to celebrate his success with another club who have cheated to succeed. I think it’s a real loser’s mentality. And I find it bizarre from supporters of a club that won its own European cup in the 80s. 

And by the way, there are plenty of sports where people don’t just abandon their teams for a better chance of personal success elsewhere. Real team spirit and loyalty does exist elsewhere thankfully. 

Â