Europa Conference Final/Champions League Final

andykeenan

I think something like what Simeone did at Atletico is more of an achievement. Then obviously what SAF did with some incredibly average players at times is significantly more impressive. 

• Like 3

Just now, Genie said:

I think something like what Simeone did at Atletico is more of an achievement. Then obviously what SAF did with some incredibly average players at times is significantly more impressive. 

Mourinho shithousing his way to the trophy with Porto

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

And Ferguson didn't?

Inherited a great youth team, outspent his rivals....

Pep is definitley in the conversation for greatest manager ever

Ferguson succeeded at Aberdeen and built success at United. 

Wenger at arsenal and klopp with dortmund and Liverpool are more impressive than anything pep has done. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Same here, just hate how the media look for him after every match , he’s a role model in their eyes now but at Villa he was the rebel.

He's not a role model or a rebel, he's just refreshingly honest and funny, he hasn't changed, probably had more media training and exposure so matured a bit in front of the camera

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Just remember this was only possible because City hired the most expensive lawyers they could get to overturn their CL ban. They are a permanent stain on the game.

I can't believe neutrals cheer them on. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Ferguson succeeded at Aberdeen and built success at United. 

Wenger at arsenal and klopp with dortmund and Liverpool are more impressive than anything pep has done. 

Disagree

Pep clearing out some of the biggest names in world football and winning everything with barca playing the football that they did is a huge achievement, the one season turn around he did there was massive, maybe as impressive a one year leap that I can think of

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I wonder what all the haters would be saying if it was us in City's position? 

Saying "if it was the villa you wouldn't be complaining" doesn't quite stand up to over 100 charges of cheating though does it.

I'm not going to pat them on the back and congratulate them, f*ck them, I'd nuke them down to the conference with a 5 year transfer ban to prove a point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Has any manager ever had over a billion to build their squad? 

Or build on the back of a decade of financial cheating? 

No because managers gets sacked long before they do.

Arteta spent roughly 450 million so he's on his way there.

If Ten Hag stays at United for 6 more years I reckon he'll get there as well easily.

Edited by Pinebro

Just now, Pinebro said:

Chelsea and utd are both over £1bn in the last 10 years, I'm sure Liverpool are in the £700m-800m range

Utd might have spent more than city, or at least very close to it but of course get those Norwich scarves out...

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

United have spent more than City since Pep’s been at City

Â