Europa Conference Final/Champions League Final

andykeenan

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But why would he manage a team with budget constraints? And why would he choose to use players who aren’t unbelievably talented and expensive if he’s got the budget?

I would choose Pep out of those two every day of the week. Without question. 

In fact if you offered to swap Emery with either of those two this summer I’d say yes to Pep and no to Klopp

I'd be slightly apprehensive about Pep (of course not really in the grand scheme of things but relatively speaking) as it'd be uncharted territory for him. Klopp has done it at 2 separate clubs and would seem a surer bet at a club like ours. I really rate managers like Klopp and Emery for what they're able to do with the tools at their disposal.

Just as an example, after Pep's first trophy-less season at City, he went and spent over 200m on 4 players on just his defence alone the following summer. In comparison, Klopp had similar defensive issues at the same time at Liverpool, and could only bring 2 players to fix this issue, and he had to spread it out over 2 seasons.

That Klopp was even able to keep pace with City for 3/4 seasons is very impressive and I'd go for that in the fanciful hypothetical of 1 of the 2 being options to replace Emery.

• Like 1

Â