Europa Conference Final/Champions League Final

andykeenan

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I think a lot of the arguments for it are built around the myth that surrounds him. 

That he's this genius, sport changing manager. 

He has changed how football is played in England. Not just in Premier League but down the divisions.

Look at his disciples and how they are doing as managers. Arteta, Kompany, Xavi.

Compare that to Ferguson. Steve Bruce, Mark Hughes, Roy Keane.

Guardiola is a footballing genius. Improves everyone around him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TomC said:

Inter went toe-to-toe with City for the whole match. If you replayed that 10 times, they'd win 5 of them. Great performance. They took Halaand out of the match, they took Grealish out of the match, they took de Bruyne out of the match before he was subbed. That was not an easy win for City.

As is often case, City needed just one moment to win. That it was their defensive midfielder who scored says something.

And as usual, Gundogan contributed to it. They didn't show it on the replay, but not long before the goal, he made the extra effort along the goal line to keep the ball in play when the defender was ready to let it ride out. That led to the goal soon after. He's just so good.

It will get lost because they won, but City were poor by their standards and frankly I'd say several premier league teams would have beaten them today. Inter showed plenty of heart and were well drilled defensively but they lacked any real quality. Dzeko, Lukaku and Martinez were all absolutely woeful. 

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Officially.

exactly. this is what people don't get. they're being done because on paper they have spent x but have in reality actually spent y

not to mention man utd generates a ridiculous amount in worldwide sponsorship so they can spend silly money but well within the rules

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think a lot of the arguments for it are built around the myth that surrounds him. 

That he's this genius, sport changing manager. 

He has been the catalyst for certain things in the game.  The false 9, keeper playing football, inverted full backs to name a few.  He is up with Fergie as the best.

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What myth?

He's the best football manager going

He also spends a shit load of money

Its not either or

On the available evidence I find it hard to believe that Unai Emery isn’t the best manager going. Hell I find it hard to believe that everyone doesn’t think Unai Emery is the best manager going.

Edited by fightoffyour

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

He has changed how football is played in England. Not just in Premier League but down the divisions.

Look at his disciples and how they are doing as managers. Arteta, Kompany, Xavi.

Compare that to Ferguson. Steve Bruce, Mark Hughes, Roy Keane.

Guardiola is a footballing genius. Improves everyone around him.

what???? :lol: 

13 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I wonder what all the haters would be saying if it was us in City's position? 

It wouldn't really be 'us' anymore. The second you become a defacto department of a national government with the funding that comes with that you've become something else, regardless of the name plastered on it.

If we were bought out to become a sports washing PR machine, I'd consider the club over and no longer have anything to be a fan of.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Did you raise any concerns when John Terry was appointed ?

Was he enabling us to breach the rules?

Honestly mate, you're probably picking this fight with the wrong person, I don't particularly like our current owners and won't give the **** a penny.

Edited by Davkaus

I find it extremely sickening that these cheating rocket polishers have got their hands on a trophy that me and my sister are holding in my living room picture cabinet.

• Haha 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Is he enabling us to breach the rules?

Honestly mate, you're probably picking this fight with the wrong person, I don't particularly like our current owners and won't give the **** a penny.

Ill take that as a no.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Was he enabling us to breach the rules?

What’s wrong with our current owners?

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's a weak argument anyway. Man u spending loads on different players, with different managers with different ideas isn't comparable. 

Through a decade of financial cheating Pep has been able to spend more money than any one manager on their team. 

Because he’s such a good manager they haven’t needed to change managers every couple of seasons. There is a reason why he’s been able to build a dynasty at both Barcelona and City.

If you put him in charge of Man U 6 years ago it would be Man U winning the treble tonight. 

Â