Pau Torres

Delphinho123

15 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Maybe different comp rotations but CB pairings are usually maintained in the league with most teams

Diego Carlos will start all the cup games I reckon in 2023. That's a great way of getting him up to speed and ready for his chance in premier league.

16 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

That’s even more interest in him than I thought. I could stomach losing out on a main target (if he is) to Bayern, PSG, Man City etc but West Ham would be a blow.

Between us and West Ham would be close probably, but surely he'd choose Villa. Better manager, bigger club, brighter future I'd say, finished 7 places and over 20 points higher last season despite having Slippy for a third of the season. West Ham are also losing their captain and best player which will be a massive loss and they won't be buying anyone as good to replace him. In Torres' case in particular he'd be working with a manager he's worked with before too and he's probably not aware of who Moyes even is, plus they're more of a physical counter attacking team which wouldn't work for Torres whose style suits a team that plays possession football. 

Having said that, West Ham did win the Conference league, are in London which players seem to favour these days although West ham/Stratford area is a shithole and probably worse than a lot of areas in Birmingham. They have a few very good players too and clearly have managed to attract star players in the past like Pacqueta.

If Torres doesn't get a move to City or Bayern I think we'd be favourites to land him. He's really good so I hope we get him.

16 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Between us and West Ham would be close probably, but surely he'd choose Villa. Better manager, bigger club, brighter future I'd say, finished 7 places and over 20 points higher last season despite having Slippy for a third of the season. West Ham are also losing their captain and best player which will be a massive loss and they won't be buying anyone as good to replace him. In Torres' case in particular he'd be working with a manager he's worked with before too and he's probably not aware of who Moyes even is, plus they're more of a physical counter attacking team which wouldn't work for Torres whose style suits a team that plays possession football. 

Having said that, West Ham did win the Conference league, are in London which players seem to favour these days although West ham/Stratford area is a shithole and probably worse than a lot of areas in Birmingham. They have a few very good players too and clearly have managed to attract star players in the past like Pacqueta.

If Torres doesn't get a move to City or Bayern I think we'd be favourites to land him. He's really good so I hope we get him.

This is the only thing that's relevant to the debate other than money I would say. If you're coming from Spain to play in the Prem you want to be a starter and well paid, other than that anything goes I'd imagine? I'd say champions league a huge lure but again those teams also pay more too. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Leeroy said:

They will have £100m after selling rice.

We wasted our £100m already 

17 hours ago, Leeroy said:

We've got two crests as well!

West Ham only have one - the plebs.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

They'll need a large chunk of that to replace Rice, which Torres won't do.

Anyway, we're Aston Villa, we buy who we want*.

*Unless PSG want them

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

They only waste money. Have they ever spent the money well? They also will stick with a bang average coach. Losing their best player will hurt them a lot too, as it hurt us. 

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Doesn’t really tell us much but:

We knew this last week after NasWes said they were willing to back Emery and break to transfer record to sign him.

I think he will sign for Villa eventually.

4 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

€65m is a lot for someone with only 12 months left of his contract, especially when we're in decent shape at centre back 

And he could easily bomb in the PL. Very easily. 

Botman was someone who was never ever going to bomb in the PL and he cost Newcastle €35-40m.

I think that's Villarreal planting stories.

14 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

€65m is a lot for someone with only 12 months left of his contract, especially when we're in decent shape at centre back 

Only 12 months left on his contract?

In that case, that is a bit of a high fee in all honesty.

Football is mad though.

Â