Youri Tielemans

thejoker

Massive, massive credit to him. With all that happened at the end of the game it's easy to forget just how good he was, not just for the goal (top finish) but how effortlessly he moves the ball forward through players. Since the arsenal game he absolutely blossomed in that double pivot role 

• Like 3

Was a very impressive performance considering he's been out for a few weeks and thrown back into such a big game and probably playing with some pain still.

Hopefully can play for 80 mins against palace if we need a result.

Posted (edited)

Luiz looks more comfortable partnered with him than McGinn. 

Edited by Dale

McGinn said in post match interview that he was playing through the pain barrier. So to put that performance in when not having played for weeks and still carrying an injury is quite something. 

Especially given how slow he had been getting back in to things after previous layoffs. 

A joy to watch on the ball and his work off the ball has improved massively under Emery.

Man of the match if not for Duran stealing the show.

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

McGinn said in post match interview that he was playing through the pain barrier. So to put that performance in when not having played for weeks and still carrying an injury is quite something. 

Especially given how slow he had been getting back in to things after previous layoffs. 

A joy to watch on the ball and his work off the ball has improved massively under Emery.

Man of the match if not for Duran stealing the show.

Potentially costing himself a place at the Euro's by playing through an injury to make sure we get top 4, he bleeds claret and blue 👏 

• Like 1

I'd like to see him start games alongside Kamara next season. Tielemans is a better defender than Luiz or McGinn he seems more alert and positionally aware. While his passing and calmness on the ball is still there. 

Potentially Emery can go back to Kamara dropping into RCB and then Tielemans moving centrally from a LM or RM. This will allow both our fullbacks to get forward and was very effective when we played that way this season.

Tielemans is a versatile player very competent in multiple positions. I feel he would work well with Buendia ahead of him too.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

His form and composure make me feel like we could sell Luiz this summer as our big offload for FFP. 

I agree with this, but ideally we don't have to. 

Imagine instead signing a new DM and having a 4 to rotate the DCM's that consists of Luiz, Kamara, Tielemans and a.n.other.

If we sell Luiz we really need to buy two, as McGinn is an option but nowhere near as effective as he is played further forward. 

Edited by MrBlack

Class performance back in the side, and hopefully brought off as a precaution.

What a difference in fitness levels from when he first joined us, night and day.

Credit the training staff AND Tielemans for that.

Also looks like he's really enjoying it at the moment - You could see that at Wembley when he ran the game and scored two a few months back.

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Was a very impressive performance considering he's been out for a few weeks and thrown back into such a big game and probably playing with some pain still.

Hopefully can play for 80 mins against palace if we need a result.

McGinn confirmed he’s come back early and playing through pain in the post match, and also that he’s not the only one (as we know from Bailey playing on one leg for weeks).

I love that we’re seeing this level of commitment from most of the squad at a time we desperately need it.

I've been pleasantly surprised how good he is. He is the best passer at the club, by a mile, but also is more physaical than I thought. A run of games means he has got up to speed, and we are benefiting greatly from it.

Has to be a starter alongside Kamara

• Like 1

Â