Youri Tielemans

thejoker

6 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I've been pleasantly surprised how good he is. He is the best passer at the club, by a mile, but also is more physaical than I thought. A run of games means he has got up to speed, and we are benefiting greatly from it.

Has to be a starter alongside Kamara

Interesting.

If all players were fit right now, would Luiz be starting for us.

🤔

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Interesting.

If all players were fit right now, would Luiz be starting for us.

🤔

Yes but so would Tielemans. He'd probably be playing as the 10.

Or perhaps we'd play emery's favourite formation which is 4-1-4-1

Mcginn was saying that tielemans was playing through the pain barrier to play against Liverpool.

I really hope emery gives a fair few of them a rest this weekend, and gives some youth a chance.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Mcginn was saying that tielemans was playing through the pain barrier to play against Liverpool.

I really hope emery gives a fair few of them a rest this weekend, and gives some youth a chance.

I’d love to see KKH, Tim and Omari have full starts 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Seems like he’s ruled out of the final game through injury. Full credit to this guy for basically playing with an injury and pain against Liverpool 👏

Have a good summer Youri, you’ve made a very good impression in your first session with us.

Yeah, no point risking him now the game is a dead rubber.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Seems like he’s ruled out of the final game through injury. Full credit to this guy for basically playing with an injury and pain against Liverpool 👏

Have a good summer Youri, you’ve made a very good impression in your first session with us.

I'm hoping it wasn't aggravated by the game in any way, and there's still an outside chance he gets to play with Belgium this summer.

Selfishly it would be better for us if he had a rest, but the man clearly loves playing football and wants to represent his country.

Would be nice if we weren't the direct cause of him not being able to do that.

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I'm hoping it wasn't aggravated by the game in any way, and there's still an outside chance he gets to play with Belgium this summer.

Selfishly it would be better for us if he had a rest, but the man clearly loves playing football and wants to represent his country.

Would be nice if we weren't the direct cause of him not being able to do that.

I don’t think he would have played if there was a risk it would rule him out of the Euros, it’s still a few weeks away, he’ll be fine.

On 21/09/2023 at 22:28, marklcfc said:

He played more advanced intially, we had Ndidi with two 8's (Tielemans and Maddison) but then Rodgers decided he wanted a more able passer of the ball to receive off the defence and play forward (Ndidi is hopeless at this), so Tielemans dropped back, often Ndidi was ahead of Tielemans and this went on up until relegation (Soumare replacing Ndidi eventually 🤦‍♂️). But this required more defensive work and to get up and down the pitch more. As you can see he can't do this. I honestly think he'd struggle in the Championship now, we'd be much worse off with him here put it that way. He's spent, his legs have gone as I said when he signed and was laughed at. All he's got is a decent through ball, the odd wonder strike but the negatives outweigh any positives left in his game.

This chap has been pretty quiet since 21/09/2023 too 😂

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I know, I know - he was playing crap when we first signed him. There's probably a similar post from me in the thread too. I just couldn't help myself though!

Looking forward to trawling the Diaby thread in a few months too 😂

Exactly why I don’t use this forum as much as I used to. Those comments are embarrassing.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

of the many bright spots this season, Tielemans has been one of the brightest imo.

He has been absolutely superb, what an eye for a pass he has.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I know, I know - he was playing crap when we first signed him. There's probably a similar post from me in the thread too. I just couldn't help myself though!

Looking forward to trawling the Diaby thread in a few months too 😂

Yup. Happy to be wrong!

• Like 1

27th September 2023 we had just been knocked out of the cup against Everton so emotions were high and Youri had a stinker is what it is. Wasn't until a few games later when we dicked AZ in Europe that it all turned round for him 

He was pretty bad for the first 3 months or so tbf. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Yup. Happy to be wrong!

Whether I posted it in here or not, I definitely remember looking at how many first team games he'd played for his age and worried he might be a busted flush.

Absolutely superb footballer.

• Like 1

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Whether I posted it in here or not, I definitely remember looking at how many first team games he'd played for his age and worried he might be a busted flush.

Absolutely superb footballer.

He was slow to start. I honestly thought he had seen his best days at Leicester.  He proved me wrong soon after that comment and I'm **** delighted he did. 🤣😀

Â