Youri Tielemans

thejoker

11 minutes ago, birdistheword said:

Just noticed this, looks like it was before the Leicester guy. Anyone know if he’s legit?

Am weary of lending credence to supposed Twitter ITKs (especially if they don’t deserve it), but going through the previous tweets of that account, he did (quietly) claim that Emery was the candidate to put your money on - the tweet in question was on 22nd October, two days before he was announced and two days before the Emery thread was created on this site.

I guess it’s up to the individual whether they think the account is worth taking notice of. Based on the limited reading, they seem better than a lot. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Am weary of lending credence to supposed Twitter ITKs (especially if they don’t deserve it), but going through the previous tweets of that account, he did (quietly) claim that Emery was the candidate to put your money on - the tweet in question was on 22nd October, two days before he was announced and two days before the Emery thread was created on this site.

I guess it’s up to the individual whether they think the account is worth taking notice of. Based on the limited reading, they seem better than a lot. 

If that is the case, who do we then the CM target was?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

He was their POTS last year I’m sure I read. so I think it’s just been this year he’s been below par. 
yep, in Emery we trust :) 

But who hasn't for them? The Leicester fairy tale was always going to end - they were the modern day Blackburn.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

just reading the Leicester forum.

The general consensus is that he has been poor and not made the effort over the last 1-2 years.

However, if we get the Tielemans from prior to that, it would be amazing signing, if we get recent Tielemens, we wont be happy with what we see on the pitch in terms of effort and commitment.

I guess we have to trust Emery to get the best out of him.

A lot also seem to think moving from a Championship side to a Premier League side which is also in Europe is a “side ways move”.

• Haha 3

Tielemans will be a great signing for us if Unai can get him back to his best. I am fairly confident of that having seen him turn around the form of current players this season. Welcome YT.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If this goes through, the depth and quality in our midfield will superb. 

no more wincing at the line up sheet seeing seeing names like Nakamba or Labsbury starting

Think dendoncker could leave but otherwise we'd have two starters for the 4th ranked team in the world (I know...) as options on the bench

Think he'll bring great competition, he's not a guaranteed starter which will hopefully be the kick up the ass it sounds like he needs but at the same time he's not a squad filler, he'll push the starters we do have

I like it a lot

Very good signing on a free. Not had his best season admittedly but he's a really talented player and will give us great strength in depth in central midfield. Needs to get his fitness sorted out but I've no doubt Emery will work on that. 

No doubt we've offered Tielemans a good wage but getting him on a free means we should still have full funds to put towards players in other positions.

Â