Youri Tielemans

thejoker

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

the hair cut guy?

Guy who knows his Wife I think?

Pretty easy commute from Leicestershire to Bodymoor and he'll be getting plenty of starts here next season as the months go on.

Intrigued to see how Unai fits him in but two years back you're talking about one of the best 8s in the league who scored a brilliant goal in the FA cup final so to me it's a no brainer move.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i can really see a tielemans/Kamara midfield 2, with Luiz in the left side position that cuts in to be the more advance inside left midfielder, Luiz defo has the qualities to play that kind of position.

Luiz could play on the right also with his delivery

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Tielemans, Kamara and Luiz is Rolls Royce midfield three, and comparatively very young with their best years still ahead of them.

aint it just.....

Hmm. 

These 'no brainer' free transfers aren't so if the new guy gets more than Martinez, Mings,  Ramsey, Luiz and Watkins etc. 

You very quickly have 4-5 players banging on the CEO's door looking for parity at least. So either wage bill banjaxed or a heap of unsettled players. 

I'd trust if the club have pushed for this one they know what they're doing and Emery is fully on board. He was mentioned as one of the main targets we had last summer (along with Conor Gallagher) so it's prob not a total shot in the dark from that point of view. 

But your higher wage earners should be amongst your very best players. It's not the case with Digne and Coutinho (post 2018 version we have) and I don't think this bloke comes in as an immediate upgrade for the first team either. 

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Tielemans, Kamara and Luiz is Rolls Royce midfield three, and comparatively very young with their best years still ahead of them.

Cost us about 15 million aswell which is mental as I'd say they're probably all 40 mill+ players 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HolteExile said:

Hmm. 

These 'no brainer' free transfers aren't so if the new guy gets more than Martinez, Mings,  Ramsey, Luiz and Watkins etc. 

You very quickly have 4-5 players banging on the CEO's door looking for parity at least. So either wage bill banjaxed or a heap of unsettled players. 

I'd trust if the club have pushed for this one they know what they're doing and Emery is fully on board. He was mentioned as one of the main targets we had last summer (along with Conor Gallagher) so it's prob not a total shot in the dark from that point of view. 

But your higher wage earners should be amongst your very best players. It's not the case with Digne and Coutinho (post 2018 version we have) and I don't think this bloke comes in as an immediate upgrade for the first team either. 

They will keep a wage structure and pay him yearly signing on fees i would guess. Which is fine as our players understand bosman deals.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i can really see a tielemans/Kamara midfield 2, with Luiz in the left side position that cuts in to be the more advance inside left midfielder, Luiz defo has the qualities to play that kind of position.

or maybe we will go to a 4141 or 433 with a Tielemans, Luiz and Kamara midfield 3.

Those three in a 433 sounds mouthwatering tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

He could be a straight swap for Young on the wage bill, guessing they're on similar money. 

Young was reportedly on £25k a week, apparently.  Which seems mad for the current era.

Just now, HolteExile said:

Young was reportedly on £25k a week, apparently.  Which seems mad for the current era.

I'd be amazed if that was the case. I thought he'd be on £80k at least. 

• Haha 1

Â