Match Thread: Man United v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

The high line worked at Spurs and Chelsea but was never gonna get thru 90 mins here. They are a good side.

Need a response but if anyone can do it is Don Unai.

They demand high tempo at OT.  Though tbh if it wasn't absolutely pissing it down we don't concede that goal. 

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

44 minutes and 30 odd seconds, and its the 1st time watkins runs to close down the defenders ! 

Emi b has the touch of a rapist today and Ramsey hasn't even got that.

I have no idea what happened in that 1st half because we looked utter rubbish, can't pass it, can't control it, can't stay on our feat, can't run, can't tackle or win a header.

Down to emery to sort this shambles out as not one player so far has done anything that isn't very poor.

Come on villa, we NEED to improve and get on the score sheet and change studs

Yep, haven’t shouted at the tv that hard for a while.  Old Trafford is always going to be hard to get a result from but we are causing our own problems and because Man U are doing anything fantastic.

11 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Well we have about £90m sitting on the bench, I know it doesn't compare to some other clubs but it's probably about **** time we started using some of it.

If our defence is bollocks then we've got 3 Prem standard defenders there to come on.

If attack is bollocks, Bertie and Duran.

Not much going on in midfield sadly but we could shuffle the deck at least. 

Our depth is not superb but what's the point in naming subs at all if we won't use them when we're tired. I don't want to hear any excuses at full-time, not a single one.

Get a grip the manager will do what’s best and given he has taken us from a relegation battle to an outside chance of Europe he is off limits to criticism

• Thanks 1

Our highline has been figured out easily with pinpoint long balls over the top..and we are second best to every 50/50..conditions are slippy but its the same for that lot..god i h ate rat boy so much..wanted to run onto the pitch and plant my boot up his smug moaney arse when he scored.

It was supposed to be Manure that was knackered. Look a yard short and v tired and the highline isnt working with the state of the pitch and all the slipping. 

Ten Hag winning the tactical battle Their players winning the physical battle

There needs to be an incredible turnaround in the second half.  Just like Spurs did . 

Will they run out of juice again ? 

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We are playing against a United team who haven’t lost at home in the league since against Brighton. We held our lines great until Konsa switched off allowing Rashford in. We've looked good when we've had it in the final third at times. 

Thanks Steve, I’m not able to watch today but reading this thread I thought we’d been relegated. 

• Haha 1

Interesting having a quick look through here how many people are angry about that half - I thought it was a very decent away performance, we've held them for the most part and then threatened on the break.

The goal makes a big difference though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Barely.

Casemiro not being booked and probably giving away a foul deep in our half are the only real mistakes.

It’s just inconsistent. We press them it’s a foul, they do it and it isn’t. 

That we are only 1-0 down is a positive. Man United aren’t invincible and we could still nick the odd goal. The high line is our game now and we have to accept it. I would be tempted to bring on Traore for Buendia who doesnt seem to be able to hold or pass the ball. 

Edited by MikeMcKenna

Players look tired which is understandable , I’m not going to over react the lads have given there all since Emery came in. We need a couple of the injured players back asap. The squad needs to be a lot deeper if we do get European football. Whilst I would love a European trip or 2 I would be comfortable if we didn’t make it this season, have a proper crack at it next season. 

Edited by WHY

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Awful **** performance 

The warning signs weee there against fulham and still same performance 

Yes, but it's hardly surprising is it. We are away at United and using the same players we did when we're last beaten. Still in it of course. Let's not forget that.

• Like 1