Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think it’s still easy to get tickets with a membership. I just like to sit in the same seat every week. 

Absolutely yes - the Brighton game is the first one (I think) that's ever sold out before it's come out of the Membership window - so I guess it's the first time that for some members that there haven't been tickets available.

What will be interesting is that we're currently in a 42,000 seat stadium - when that becomes a 33,000 seat stadium for two years and there are 27,000 season ticket holders and another 3,000 seats taken by Away fans and the club - how will they sell the idea of memberships to the existing 25,000 members who will be fighting over 3,000 tickets every other week?

Someone mentioned Arsenal's tiered membership system - I wouldn't be surprised if we go that way, and given how they look at pricing, I wouldn't be too surprised to see a £100 Gold tier membership that pretty much hoovers up all the spare tickets in the years while the North Stand is down.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely yes - the Brighton game is the first one (I think) that's ever sold out before it's come out of the Membership window - so I guess it's the first time that for some members that there haven't been tickets available.

What will be interesting is that we're currently in a 42,000 seat stadium - when that becomes a 33,000 seat stadium for two years and there are 27,000 season ticket holders and another 3,000 seats taken by Away fans and the club - how will they sell the idea of memberships to the existing 25,000 members who will be fighting over 3,000 tickets every other week?

Someone mentioned Arsenal's tiered membership system - I wouldn't be surprised if we go that way, and given how they look at pricing, I wouldn't be too surprised to see a £100 Gold tier membership that pretty much hoovers up all the spare tickets in the years while the North Stand is down.

Can we reduce the away end? Since the overall capacity will be lower, surely we can give lower or higher tier of the Witton stand? 

Isn't the away end based on % of the overall ground capacity? 

42 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Can we reduce the away end? Since the overall capacity will be lower, surely we can give lower or higher tier of the Witton stand? 

I think there's a minimum 1,500 allocation. 

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’d definitely lower away allocation to as low as we possibly can . 

I agree with this.

Didn't Fulham hand aload back last week because they couldn't sell them?

Now I know in terms of when we play teams like Utd, Plop, Man City, Newc etc they will sell all their allocation, but I think while the redevelopment is taking place it might not be a bad idea to reduce the away allocation to the minimum 1,500 that @OutByEaster? mentioned.

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree with this.

Didn't Fulham hand aload back last week because they couldn't sell them?

Now I know in terms of when we play teams like Utd, Plop, Man City, Newc etc they will sell all their allocation, but I think while the redevelopment is taking place it might not be a bad idea to reduce the away allocation to the minimum 1,500 that @OutByEaster? mentioned.

and when we play Chelsea they shouldn’t be allowed an away fans allocation because we’ll need all those seats for the size of their squad 😂

• Haha 1

Only reason im not a season ticket holder is because i dont live in brum and the coat getting there every weekend and due to a lot of busy weekends just wouldnt make sense.

As long as the money is being invested back in the club (signings improvement on the stadium and facilities) id pay the prices.

I mean we cant really moan NSWE have spent big, going to make the stadium wonderful and lured a elite manager we can be proud of. If it meant being succesful and paying abit more id rathee that than pay less and be like a c palace or leicester 

10 hours ago, Mic09 said:

away allocation rule is 10% of the stadium capacity or 3k - whichever is lower

so if we're reduced to 33k capacity, we still need to allocate 3k to away fans

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I bought tickets for the Brighton game using my Claret Membership.

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think there's a minimum 1,500 allocation. 

The "normal" rule is the lower of 10% of capacity, or 3000, so for anyone with a capacity of >30,000 it's 3000 as the rule. But I don't know if dispensation will be given during rebuilding - it has been in the past, I think for various clubs - I can remember being lucky enough to go to Old Trafford when they were rebuilding there, and we only got 634 tickets or something like that, and in the Main stand too. I sat in front of Nigel Kennedy and Brix Smith, and they didn't share their special ciggy with me. The rotters, but Stan Staunton scored a screamer. 1-1 draw.

I'm guessing Villa will ask for away fans to be allocated just the upper, or lower bit of the current away "end", because of the number of season ticket holders being displaced during the rebuild.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

The "normal" rule is the lower of 10% of capacity, or 3000, so for anyone with a capacity of >30,000 it's 3000 as the rule. But I don't know if dispensation will be given during rebuilding - it has been in the past, I think for various clubs - I can remember being lucky enough to go to Old Trafford when they were rebuilding there, and we only got 634 tickets or something like that, and in the Main stand too. I sat in front of Nigel Kennedy and Brix Smith, and they didn't share their special ciggy with me. The rotters, but Stan Staunton scored a screamer. 1-1 draw.

I'm guessing Villa will ask for away fans to be allocated just the upper, or lower bit of the current away "end", because of the number of season ticket holders being displaced during the rebuild.

Was that the year we were going for the title with them?

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Was that the year we were going for the title with them?

Yep. I actually posted my voucher from the season ticket book, plus away card with the requisite number of stamps and forgot to include the cheque. They sent me the ticket anyway, which was brilliant - I posted the cheque in a seperate envelope about 10 minutes after I realised what I'd done. Proper customer service!

Anyway, I wonder whether as part of the overall upgrades to the ground and season ticket process we'll be going digital soon - like an app based system, which seems to be the case at quite a number of clubs now - it seems a bit anachronistic to have a person sat in a tiny cell by each turnstile to watch people slide their season ticket card in and out of a reader, or to use a printed at home paper ticket. it would also be a way to stop people transferring tickets to others without involving the club. I know not quite everyone has a smart phone thingy, but it can't be far off for season tickets to become purely digital.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

Can still hear the ping off the stanchion that goal 

• Like 1

Guest av1
2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Anyway, I wonder whether as part of the overall upgrades to the ground and season ticket process we'll be going digital soon - like an app based system, which seems to be the case at quite a number of clubs now - it seems a bit anachronistic to have a person sat in a tiny cell by each turnstile to watch people slide their season ticket card in and out of a reader, or to use a printed at home paper ticket. it would also be a way to stop people transferring tickets to others without involving the club. I know not quite everyone has a smart phone thingy, but it can't be far off for season tickets to become purely digital.

As couple of months ago I phoned the ticket office to transfer my ticket to a friend because I could make. 

I did ask about Apple Pay because there is something on the OS about adding match day tickets to Apple Pay, but nothing about ST’s. 

The lady said this is being offered to ST’s for the upcoming season. She said the plan was you could have your ST loaded to AP, keep the card, or do both. Although I’ve already renewed my ST for next season and there was no mention of it during the renewal process. Maybe they’re not quite there? 

6 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I bought tickets for the Brighton game using my Claret Membership.

Yep, it 's the first game where the tickets have all sold out during the Members window though - usually there are about 1,500 that come through to the window where season ticket holder can buy additional seats - the Brighton game didn't make it to season ticket holders - so I'm guessing that within the members window there were some members who tried but couldn't get tickets as it had sold out.

Â