Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

5 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Meanwhile, in Germany…

All tickets for three games are free, paid for by sponsors. With aim to eventually make all home games free. In a stadium bigger than Villa Park even after our expansion is finished.

Nice gesture but thats probably a reaspn why they are in the second division in Germany

• Like 1

I was thinking the danger comes that we start having something akin to what happens in America whereby the number of season tickets stays relatively stagnant and no one ever gives them up. They then sell match day tickets, either legally or illegally, to offset the cost or even make a profit in illegal ways. Selling through Villa means the club makes even more money from ticket sales with seats being sold for 100% plus commission on the resale... not sure what that is at the moment.

This is the case for sports like Basketball (Knicks), where the season tickets are sold to a select few but the secondary market is huge so games are full of tourists.

It has already crossed my mind. I will definitely renew my season ticket (no one wants to lose that privileged position considering waiting list) but if life dictates, I'll just have to be more willing to sell ticket during a season to make it affordable.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I was thinking the danger comes that we start having something akin to what happens in America whereby the number of season tickets stays relatively stagnant and no one ever gives them up. They then sell match day tickets, either legally or illegally, to offset the cost or even make a profit in illegal ways. Selling through Villa means the club makes even more money from ticket sales with seats being sold for 100% plus commission on the resale... not sure what that is at the moment.

This is the case for sports like Basketball (Knicks), where the season tickets are sold to a select few but the secondary market is huge so games are full of tourists.

It has already crossed my mind. I will definitely renew my season ticket (no one wants to lose that privileged position considering waiting list) but if life dictates, I'll just have to be more willing to sell ticket during a season to make it affordable.

This is the problem, it encourages ST holders that may struggle to cover the additional costs to start selling etickets at inflated prices for certain games on the snide. I had a little joke about this the other day but I bet people will consider it.

52 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I listened to this earlier, I think Kendrick is mainly right, but Dan is going too much, it just wouldn’t be viable to be the cheapest in the league. 

I'm not sure fans are overly mad at the increases in general,  I think it's more the percentages the last 2 seasons. Some sections have been hit harder than others and certain concessions have also been hit and to top it all communication or using the website hasn't made things very clear. If they communicated correctly and maybe increased incrementally at 10% each year over a longer period I'm not sure people would be as bothered. Nobody expects to have the cheapest seats but have some care when increasing the prices. 

It’s incredible the negativity of people - everything has gone up in price, it’s what it is!

We are having the most unbelievable run since January and yet people moaning.

We got owners who are the envy of 95% of the 92 teams in the English system. A coach who is “world class” and a team that is fighting tooth and nail for us!

It’s a business and we need to be run like one! If it means we all need to sacrifice little things in our normal lives to afford our season tickets then so be it. We have a waiting list of around 30,000 - therefore demand outweighs supply so in reality the owners could have bumped prices up an hell of a lot more!

Lets be grateful for what we got, sacrifice something little and back the club!

Edited by Mark_1989
  • Like 2

Got paid today, was going to pay in full then i saw the interest free option courtesy of V12 Finance. Much better than the old Zebra Finance days who im sure charged interest. 8 payments of £76.25, better for the cashflow to pay this way and not penalised for it which is nice.

• Like 2

I asked Bard:

increase £300 by RPI for each year since 2000

£300 was the approximate price of my ticket in the Holte in 1999/2000. It would now be £1016 based on RPI. So if Bard has it right, I would be saving a couple of hundred quid.

Perhaps it would be better to just increase prices with RPI every year. The club would have more money and we'd be less likely to notice.

Overall on reflection, I think my biggest concerns are not yet another price hike, but all of the little changes and opaque messaging.

Scrapping the free cup game,  lack of pricing details on the website, changes in concessionary pricing, lack of communication of the 100 odd who have to move in the Holte, further premium seating in the Trinity, and the corporatisation of the Holte. It all feels a bit money-grabby and cold-hearted IMO. Which is a shame given how well the season is panning out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Got paid today, was going to pay in full then i saw the interest free option courtesy of V12 Finance. Much better than the old Zebra Finance days who im sure charged interest. 8 payments of £76.25, better for the cashflow to pay this way and not penalised for it which is nice.

Zebra did the interest free most times. Think it’s something club arrange.

• Like 1

I don't understand the 15% claim.....my 2 has gone up 33% this season, alone.

I accept many aspects of the price increase, for various reasons and I have renewed......but a better explanation would have been nifty.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Overall on reflection, I think my biggest concerns are not yet another price hike, but all of the little changes and opaque messaging.

Scrapping the free cup game,  lack of pricing details on the website, changes in concessionary pricing, lack of communication of the 100 odd who have to move in the Holte, further premium seating in the Trinity, and the corporatisation of the Holte. It all feels a bit money-grabby and cold-hearted IMO. Which is a shame given how well the season is panning out.

Poor communication, often leads to misinterpretation of the true picture.

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Zebra did the interest free most times. Think it’s something club arrange.

I did Zebra way back when I was living close enough to travel to matches under Lambert, definitely was interest free, I'm too much of a tight arse to have agreed to pay extra to do installments. 

Wish I could get a ticket to a match these days let alone a season ticket. Seems impossible to go to home games 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Thanks Christian.

9 hours ago, Mark_1989 said:

It’s incredible the negativity of people - everything has gone up in price, it’s what it is!

We are having the most unbelievable run since January and yet people moaning.

We got owners who are the envy of 95% of the 92 teams in the English system. A coach who is “world class” and a team that is fighting tooth and nail for us!

It’s a business and we need to be run like one! If it means we all need to sacrifice little things in our normal lives to afford our season tickets then so be it. We have a waiting list of around 30,000 - therefore demand outweighs supply so in reality the owners could have bumped prices up an hell of a lot more!

Lets be grateful for what we got, sacrifice something little and back the club!

I probably wouldn't be as annoyed about this 15% rise this season if mine didn't go up 45% last season. It's a big hit in 2 years, with everything else going up in cost to. I'm fed up of people saying we cannot be annoyed about it. 

• Like 3

Â