Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Certain games like Arsenal your surrounded by away fans 

There was definitely a lot of arsenal fans in our end last season, one guy last season was slagging off Nketiah when he came on, it was the game they won 1-0 with Saka scoring. He was quite open about supporting arsenal and kept laying into Nketiah to the guy next to him. Its not as bad as a decade ago but defo still happens

19 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

There was definitely a lot of arsenal fans in our end last season, one guy last season was slagging off Nketiah when he came on, it was the game they won 1-0 with Saka scoring. He was quite open about supporting arsenal and kept laying into Nketiah to the guy next to him. Its not as bad as a decade ago but defo still happens

In the early 2000s it was no exaggeration to say rows in the North Stand upper would go up celebrating when away team scored. Newcastle, Everton and there were even pockets of SHA fans on 03/03/03 celebrating their goals which of course lead to them being kicked down the aisles.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

We've got 30k season ticket holders, 3 out of ever 4 seats pretty much. Certainly no room for random away fans, doesn't happen anymore

It absolutely does. Against Arsenal in P5 I had 3 or 4 or them casually chatting amongst themselves behind me.

Liverpool too I had some Dutch Liverpool fans right next to me

Empty seats last night. Like I say the fact the club emailed my renewal saying there's 33k on the waiting list smacks of manipulation.

We're historically a fickle fanbase. There aren't even 10k people on that list that would buy a season ticket and if results drop off and We're charging £50 a ticket or £800-£1k for season tickets they'll be 10,000 empty seats in a 50k stadium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

It absolutely does. Against Arsenal in P5 I had 3 or 4 or them casually chatting amongst themselves behind me.

Liverpool too I had some Dutch Liverpool fans right next to me

Empty seats last night. Like I say the fact the club emailed my renewal saying there's 33k on the waiting list smacks of manipulation.

We're historically a fickle fanbase. There aren't even 10k people on that list that would buy a season ticket and if results drop off and We're charging £50 a ticket or £800-£1k for season tickets they'll be 10,000 empty seats in a 50k stadium.

interesting, ive certainly not seen anything like that for years, youd probably need to be a brave away fan to sit in the Holte anyway. 

Agree on the wait list, im convinced a lot of it is people who roll it on every year and already have season tickets but the club has failed to do a clean up.

Last night in the Holte, the theme of conversation was nearly always season ticket prices. The conversations I was in, or over heard were often a complaint but an acceptance that it was still probably good value. I didnt hear anyone say they wouldnt renew.

It dawned on me at last nights match when I took my seat (not sure why this didn't occur to me earlier) in T2 across the aisle from T1 so having basically the same view that next season I have to pay far more for that view than the person sitting next to me in T1.

Also my friends daughter had an e-mail yesterday telling her how excited Aston Villa are for her to re-new for next season, as have most season ticket holders, she will go onto an U-21 ticket next season from an U-18 so has the double whammy of not only that price increase but also the re-banding increase and then the mandatory 15% increase as well all for a seat in a stand that is being demolished.  She had her first season ticket during the championship, when the top half of the trinity was closed, which I think cost £69 this season it cost £145 and next season will cost £421. The only thing she has done in this time to be so harshly penalised is grow up and get older.

2 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

It dawned on me at last nights match when I took my seat (not sure why this didn't occur to me earlier) in T2 across the aisle from T1 so having basically the same view that next season I have to pay far more for that view than the person sitting next to me in T1.

Also my friends daughter had an e-mail yesterday telling her how excited Aston Villa are for her to re-new for next season, as have most season ticket holders, she will go onto an U-21 ticket next season from an U-18 so has the double whammy of not only that price increase but also the re-banding increase and then the mandatory 15% increase as well all for a seat in a stand that is being demolished.  She had her first season ticket during the championship, when the top half of the trinity was closed, which I think cost £69 this season it cost £145 and next season will cost £421. The only thing she has done in this time to be so harshly penalised is grow up and get older.

The price rises are a pain but people can’t have concessions forever.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This may sound controversial and I don’t mean to offend anyone but the demographics of the crowd gives it away against Man U and Liverpool. 

i don't think it's controversial to say...got a lot of mates that regularly go to spurs and there is a huge korean following there now, and i've definitely seen a notable increase in far eastern fans around the ground when we've played spurs in the past. £30 for a membership plus £50 for a match ticket is still less than the £100+ they'd pay off a tout to see spurs at home

• Like 1

Club will need to strike a balance at some point because rises will see empty seats, especially as realistically we are not going to be pushing top 4 every year and with the stadium expansion. Hammers have a 66000 capacity stadium and have to sell season tickets for £299 a pop, there is still empty seats there if you watch their games on tv.

So there will be a limit to what they can charge. but like some others on here the convos at half time i had with one person and heard from others in upper north were regarding ST's, everyone said they will renew so thats why the club can do the rise, as come what may, the seat, based on current capacity, will be filled. From the clubs POV though, they couldnt give a damn who fills that seat and if its someone new instead of someone who has been going for 40+ years well thats just fine for them

The moving zones thing I think on the renewal you should be able to move seats to a cheaper zone.

You have to renew your existing ticket and pay the new price but how quick will you get a refund for moving?

This I can't see explained but may help a few people decide.

8 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

interesting, ive certainly not seen anything like that for years, youd probably need to be a brave away fan to sit in the Holte anyway. 

Agree on the wait list, im convinced a lot of it is people who roll it on every year and already have season tickets but the club has failed to do a clean up.

Couple of Mau U last year near me in the lower Holte openly supporting Man U and had the audacity to moan and try and get people knicked when they got there heads caved in

Edited by Follyfoot

I’m trying to be sympathetic but I’m struggling to see the big issue. You can either afford it or not, or out of principle will pay it or not, that’s up to the individual to decide. Fans need to see the bigger picture and realise the owners are serious about the club . We want top players we want to keep top players and pay the wages they demand we need to increase revenue and ticket prices is part of that . In order to move to the next level this is part of the process unfortunately. 

I think big crowds are here to stay at Villa regardless whether we are doing well or mid table nothingness. I also think at the prices and certain things like the opposition and midweek games , we will say a few thousand empty seats at certain games which is kind of being proven this season . Regardless whether the waiting list is over exaggerating or not, I have no doubt there’s a few thousand that are willing to take up a season ticket which will keep crowds over 40k at Villa and hit 50k at times. Can’t see us being like Sunderland were giving away tickets just to fill up ground .

• Like 2

Despite my general unhappiness with the price hike, I have just been reminded of the old adage:

"There's always someone worse off than you"

Chelsea & Spurs supporters, I almost feel sorry for you having to shell out over a grand for your renewals!😂

On 26/04/2023 at 08:48, cheltenham_villa said:

Last night in the Holte, the theme of conversation was nearly always season ticket prices. The conversations I was in, or over heard were often a complaint but an acceptance that it was still probably good value. I didnt hear anyone say they wouldnt renew.

Yes but that is mostly long-standing fans. You always get some who for a variety of reasons cannot renew. The interesting thing will be at what price point (or perhaps a greater extent how competitive Villa will be) will be for the waiting list not to actually work.

54 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Despite my general unhappiness with the price hike, I have just been reminded of the old adage:

"There's always someone worse off than you"

Chelsea & Spurs supporters, I almost feel sorry for you having to shell out over a grand for your renewals!😂

Yeah but regional average wages probably means that we are not far off equal in terms of pay vs ticket price.  The difference is that we have Emery, they have no-one.

Â