2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/04/23 at 22:59

One of the best performances all around I’ve seen us have in years! Not even close and except for a couple minutes of pressure never looked troubled.

Except for a few small changes to the team the fact this is the same squad from the loss in the fall is a credit to Emery.

Id say thats one of the best performances in PL for us.

That newcastle team has done what we did to them to most teams in the league.

We absolutely destroyed them.

Watkins motm moreno and mings were superb

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

It’s funny because the Villa admin on Twitter hasn’t even trolled Newcastle lol. When we lost to them earlier this year the Newcastle twitter team were quick to start winding us up.

You can’t buy class, as demonstrated by the lardy boys in their section of the crowd today. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

What an absolute pleasure to watch a Villa side oozing with confidence. First to every 50/50 ball, calm and assured with the ball at their feet. The classic example was how McGinn created that 3rd goal, sheer determination. Hard to single one player out of that performance but will just edge it to Moreno.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

I'm speechless at how good we were today, the improvement Emery has made is unprecedented in the premier league, isnt it? 

Could easily have been 5-0 today, Howe had no way to change it, they needed to from the first minute they looked lost once their high press failed to panic us into giving away possession. We found the midfield or the full backs  with an out ball that made them vulnerable at the back, we had some great phases of play. 

Are Newcastle that good? I don't think they are tbh, they have just made the most of the poor form of other teams in the top 6. Or maybe we are just a better team? Can't think of one Newcastle player who would make our first 11.

Ps Watkins is unplayable when he's on that form , gave the Newcastle defence a right battering, they looked scared. 

Teams pressing us plays right into our hands, it’s the ones that sit back like Forest that we struggle against.

• Like 1

Just now, maqroll said:

What we are witnessing is astonishing and the Emery revolution is in full swing.

But I'd like to acknowledge the efforts of Dean Smith who helped recruit and develop half our starting XI. 

I hope Dean the Villa fan can enjoy this Renaissance as well and feel a measure of pride in his contribution. 

Absolutely! Well acknowledged. 

• Like 1

Poor lyndsay hipgrave almost choking in bt TV and the Vile thread has been resurrected on sha.com with extra levels of blue bitterness😀

Edited by mottaloo
  • Haha 4

I loved this from the BBC livetext: "This Newcastle team is good. Really good. They've barely had a kick today, though. Villa have utterly dismantled them".

But they let some idiot Newcastle troll through who posted at 1-0 that we are a "very average team". Yeah that's right, winning 6 PL games out of 7 (before today) is just so very average isn't it? Well enjoy our very average 3-0 win, mate. Oh and I believe 3-0 is classed as a thrashing?

Â