2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/04/23 at 22:59

Just got back home not too long ago, fantastic result, didnt think we would beat them 3-0 in my wildest dreams! We will get top 6 for sure with that result, so many people who watch MOTD will sit up and take notice of us after today. We came out the blocks and Ollie was unlucky not to make it 1-0 in the first minute, thought he was outstanding today and has improved his finishing immeasurably. Kept Newcastle quiet for the majority of the game and thought we made them look very average today. We go again!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

need to see Shearer's face looking like a Great Dane chewing a lemon soaked wasp tonight.

I need it.

This should keep you going until later. :D Update: His twitter comments about us were well said and must have been hard for him to write, fair play to him. 

image.jpeg.90d46c73ab3c0d677ccb9726bfbdbd19.jpeg

Edited by John

Just got back. We were bloody marvellous!

The first goal summed it up for me. There was no nervousness, no looking around wondering where to pass it or what to do with it, no thought of being tackled. Every touch in that sequence was calm and confident. Each player had a picture of what was around them and knew exactly where to put it.

• Like 1

Looking forward to re-living the game at 11:40 on MoTD, following by a 20 second pundit review where Lineker will deliver a characteristically twee topical quip to Shearer about Newcastle 'not being at the races today'.

• Like 1

Just got in, what a game, everytime we went forward we looked like we was going to score, what a turnaround unai has worked, just shows you what a shit manager the other one was, if only we had sacked him earlier, would have probably been in the champions league spots 

10 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Just got back home not too long ago, fantastic result, didnt think we would beat them 3-0 in my wildest dreams! We will get top 6 for sure with that result, so many people who watch MOTD will sit up and take notice of us after today. We came out the blocks and Ollie was unlucky not to make it 1-0 in the first minute, thought he was outstanding today and has improved his finishing immeasurably. Kept Newcastle quiet for the majority of the game and thought we made them look very average today. We go again!

It’ll be the best game ever to be last on MOTD. Scintillating N’castle dominated lucky Villa. Aunty Shearer will highlight all the reasons the brilliant England manager doesn’t pick Ollie. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

It’ll be the best game ever to be last on MOTD. Scintillating N’castle dominated lucky Villa. Aunty Shearer will highlight all the reasons the brilliant England manager doesn’t pick Ollie. 

I can defo see this happening.

what a result today though! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Did Southgate half celebrate Ollie's goal like he did with Wilson the last time?

He sat there motionless like the bitter old turd he is. Maybe he shouldn't have said he was leaving villa for boro... to win medals😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Then he wouldn't have got the dog's abuse that has made him hate us. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jacksonho said:

He and Sherwood were on whoever gives us the feed in Australia after the game. Both of them were really positive about Villa and Emery, basically said not much Newcastle could do today, take some lessons and move onto next week.

Strange to hear them not making excuses for Newcastle but I thought it was balanced from them. Even Sherwood was really positive about Villa Park fans.

Isn't he usually? I haven't heard him say anything particularly negative about Villa fans or the club. 

• Like 2

Tactically outthought Howe today. We went a little bit longer and more direct at times than we do normally, and Newcastle didn’t know how to adapt. 

I think that was the most complete performance I’ve seen us have. Every single person knew what they were doing and executed it fully to perfection. We played for the full 90 minutes without dropping off. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I think much like the best game in recent memory, the Liverpool thrashing, it'll be interesting to see the highlights because in reality we could and should have had a couple more

Obviously benefitting from being so fresh but I'd also say that's probably behind only the Liverpool game as our best performance since coming up, might even be better than the Liverpool game even if we scored fewer goals. .. It was a complete team performance, every man did his job perfectly, including Emery, macphee threw in some good short corners, there were some proper shifts off the ball too

Only complaint... We should have stuck the kid in goal just to take the piss 😂 based on those subs and more what Emery didn't do I think he values the match day experience even if it doesn't mean minutes

• Haha 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

I think much like the best game in recent memory, the Liverpool thrashing, it'll be interesting to see the highlights because in reality we could and should have had a couple more

Obviously benefitting from being so fresh but I'd also say that's probably behind only the Liverpool game as our best performance since coming up, might even be better than the Liverpool game even if we scored fewer goals. .. It was a complete team performance, every man did his job perfectly, including Emery, macphee threw in some good short corners, there were some proper shifts off the ball too

Only complaint... We should have stuck the kid in goal just to take the piss 😂 based on those subs and more what Emery didn't do I think he values the match day experience even if it doesn't mean minutes

For me it was way better than the Liverpool game, just because there was so many fans able to witness this game. It really showed how far we have come since Late November and Emery taking the helm. Unreal performance!

• Like 1

Â