2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/04/23 at 22:59

32 minutes ago, maqroll said:

What we are witnessing is astonishing and the Emery revolution is in full swing.

But I'd like to acknowledge the efforts of Dean Smith who helped recruit and develop half our starting XI. 

I hope Dean the Villa fan can enjoy this Renaissance as well and feel a measure of pride in his contribution. 

Ah, good to see the Dean Smith Tribute band is still touring. 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Fair play Shearer

He and Sherwood were on whoever gives us the feed in Australia after the game. Both of them were really positive about Villa and Emery, basically said not much Newcastle could do today, take some lessons and move onto next week.

Strange to hear them not making excuses for Newcastle but I thought it was balanced from them. Even Sherwood was really positive about Villa Park fans.

• Like 4

Massive performance and massive result. Literally in dream land! 

As many others have said, that was a complete team performance, every single one of them 8/10 or more.

Gave my MoM to Watkins, can’t remember a more complete performance from a Villa striker in the last 20 odd years, unplayable and kept at it, only disappointment is that he didn’t get 3, because he deserved it.

Massive credit is also due to Moreno, dominated down the left hand side, didn’t put a foot wrong.

It wasn’t long ago that a high press destroyed us, we couldn’t deal with it, now it feels like teams are playing into our hand when they try it. Delightful.

I was planning on doing some work today but that’s out of the window, enjoying some beers instead! 

Thanks Villa legends and thanks Super Unai Emery, what a season it’s turning out to be.

Edited by Dan-BrightonVillan
  • Like 1

Just now, juanpablosaliceband said:

Well this takes the biscuit. In what world could our XG be less than 4 today. We should have had 6 or 7. If I needed an excuse not to look at XG, here it is. 

Someday I suppose I need to investigate what this xG is that everyone talks about. I'm not sure it could have helped me enjoy today's match any more than I did.

• Like 2

Just now, wict01 said:

None of our players would get in their team though lads, we’re just lucky and outperforming our xG

And they’re physically bigger and stronger.

They must have run ten marathons in the morning before the game today as our weaklings were throwing them around for the most part. 

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

I think he may be jealous because Newcastle can't manage anything bigger than the A1 coming out of it. 😀

I don't really get other English city bashing. Its so pathetic.

Every city in the country has its redeeming features, and its shit holes. Resorting to that after your club got its arse handed to it, bless.  Renton might need more than a cuddle.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not trying to be awkward.. as everyone knows I love a bit of brash and unfiltered banter... But just letting you know that... we have Saudi Villa fans on the forum 👀

Saudi Villa fans not Geordie Saudis. 😅

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Every city in the country has its redeeming features, and its shit holes.

A visit into Portsmouth might make you change your mind.

Fabulous performance from the entire team today, I couldn't pick out a player who stood out from the rest. 

Â