2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/04/23 at 22:59

Just now, TheFish said:

Think I'll swerve that in favour of feeding myself into a woodchipper, feet first.

On the bright side, that shellacking could be a blessing disguise. We've Spurs at St James' on Sunday. I'd imagine that a) Eddie and Tindall will have torn strips off the players for the shitshow at Villa Park, b) First home game since we beat Man Utd at the beginning of April so the fans should blow away any cobwebs the team has left and c) Spurs are such a weird, passive side that despite their World Class players, we should find an easier foe than Emery's team at Villa Park.

I think you’ll get UCL 👍 can see you beating Spurs, they look awful. Have a good one 😊

5 hours ago, TheFish said:

That was, without a shadow of a doubt, our worst performance of the season and I include the FA Cup exit against Shef Wed. Not a single player in a black and white shirt had even a par game. Dunno if it was the slew of away days, the arrogance of winning 5 on the bounce, or what, but that was terrible.

No complaints here, on the day you were better in literally every department. More intense, more awake, sharper and more bold. Nothing but praise for your lot and the job Emery has done. Nothing but criticism for the Newcastle team, no intensity, no sharpness, timid and asleep. 

Your attackers were given acres of space by a midfield and defence that have been incessant pressers throughout the season. Your back line had nowt to do, and your wide players had the run of the wings. The bare minimum you expect from Eddie Howe's Newcastle is that they'll run their bollocks off. We did not do that. I honestly think you could have played your U21s and taken all 3pts on Saturday.

Special mention for Watkins. Having seen him properly now, I can understand why you rate him so highly.

p.s. The Mag is a rag, I'd dismiss it out of hand before you even click the link.  

Fair play mate for having the balls to front up on here and reply to us all 👍👏

Regardless of this blip, you’ve still had a great season and should still finish in the top four.

Late to add my bit due to a really busy four days so voted and left it at that. Everything we could all hope for before the game can to fruition. 

The crowd and players were up for it, the managers always up for it, we scored three and could have scored six. So yeah everything Out By Easter said in his excellent report made this game the best of the season so far, I say so far as I think we can match this game or even surpass it with the focus Unai and the players have. I'm loving watching us play again and it's making the early morning K.O's here in Oz a joy rather than something easy to avoid. 

• Like 1

On 15/04/2023 at 20:38, KillieVillain said:

6 hours later I'm still buzzing about that performance and result , we are really good and were going to get better .UTV

3 days later later I'm still buzzing about that performance and result. 

Going to watch the extended highlights AGAIN later 

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

3 days later later I'm still buzzing about that performance and result. 

Going to watch the extended highlights AGAIN later 

Ha, I've watched the Villa, sky and BT versions of the highlights everyday since we won AND watch MOTD twice.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Ha, I've watched the Villa, sky and BT versions of the highlights everyday since we won AND watch MOTD twice.

Mrs Sidcow thinks I've got issues.

Â