2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/04/23 at 22:59

Oh my god!!! I just wanna hug all my fellow Villians right now!!! Way tooooo excited with that result … i hate them geordie boys 😆 EMERY MATE what are you doing with these players… watkins was unreal simply phenomenal whole game … that is not normal aston villa to win a game of this magnitude from a four match run …GET IN UTV!!! feel like im dreaming been pinching myself since the full time whistle 🤩

• Like 2

Jesus, reading their forum and they think the ref was harsh on them, some of the unpunished tackles they got in first half,  the one on Ramsey when he needed treatment was a blatant yellow card. Buendia was body checked in the face , unpunished.  If they try that trick against any 'top 6 teams' they will be playing with 10 men. 

• Like 2

There were moments in the 2nd half where it just felt like we were playing Fifa on some sort of cheat mode. Some absolutely outrageous tackles, McGinn had a magnetic foot, Mings used telekinesis to will the ball away, we were always one touch ahead of their players. That is magnificent from our players, they didn't just want it more, they played as though their lives depended on it. Absolutely magnificent.

• Like 2

We scored 3 goals where you expect the player to put it away, we hit the post and bar where youd expect the player to put it away, we also had one disallowed.. yet xG thinks we should only have scored 1 complete goal? 

That reminds me why I stopped looking at that crap xG stat 2 weeks after it became popular.

We should have had 6 today. 

• Like 3

I’ll say again, not sure I can remember a better all round and dominant performance since we returned to the Premier League?

The 7-2 against Liverpool was an amazing performance and result but we did concede two goals that evening. The performance today was very special indeed. Totally, totally dominant. Newcastle seemed totally shell shocked and a team that had only lost three games this season. 

I can honestly watch the game over and over again. Amazing day.

• Like 2

Wow. Just wow. The complete team performance with the complete striker performance to top it off. Every player was absolutely on it and in tune with each other. 

Particular praise for the Donk coming in and slotting in perfectly. Mr Emery - you are the man. 

Could have been 5 or 6 against the best defence in the league and barely a sniff at the other end apart form a few pot shots. 

This is a remarkable time. 

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I’ll say again, not sure I can remember a better all round and dominant performance since we returned to the Premier League?

The 7-2 against Liverpool was an amazing performance and result but we did concede two goals that evening. The performance today was very special indeed. Totally, totally dominant. Newcastle seemed totally shell shocked and a team that had only lost three games this season. 

I can honestly watch the game over and over again. Amazing day.

Just imagine how many more we could have scored if we left the grass long today lol

• Haha 1

Â