2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/04/23 at 22:59

17 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

xG isn’t poppycock, it’s just really overused and misunderstood by people who think it’s some kind of “truth”.

What xG shows you is how many shots each team got off in dangerous areas. It doesn’t tell you who was in goal, whether it was a goalscorer or a centre back who took the shot, what the match situation was when it happened, etc.

It’s a useful way of understanding the battle, that’s all. People think it shows who the “real” winner was… that’s the bit that’s poppycock.

And it used to be such a simple game.

So many beautiful positives from today but I think my favourite is that we've only just gone and won five PL matches in a row for the first time since 1998 (nineteen ninety-eight). At last. Get in! Like the good old times again.  : )

Even if we don’t win another game this season, will be worth it just to beat this lot. They thought they were coming here for an easy 3 points, their fans fell for all the “only beat bottom teams” and xG nonsense.

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Special thanks to The Authoriry for the inspired Ten Cup Finals re-run, it's clearly working a treat. 🤓   👏👏👏  The grim reaper revival is also very good. 👍

• Thanks 1

I can't remember the last time I saw such a complete Villa performance, 10/10 all around. This is the best football we have played since the latter days of Houllier, and now even better. I started following Villa under Ron Atkinson and I don't think I can remember us ever playing this good, perhaps some time under Brian Little or some performance under MoN with Milner, Barry, Young, Petrov, Downing.

52 minutes ago, robby b said:

So many beautiful positives from today but I think my favourite is that we've only just gone and won five PL matches in a row for the first time since 1998 (nineteen ninety-eight). At last. Get in! Like the good old times again.  : )

Let’s party like it’s 199… errr …8

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Conkface at the game today. Mings, Konsa, Ramsey, Watkins and dare I say Young on fire.

Conkface picks Burn, Longstaff, Wilson and Willock in his next squad.

Watkins has to be in the squad. Has to. 

JJ should defo be in with a shout too. 

The biggest thing Southgate should take from today is from the management side.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Oh no, people are now starting to diss xG and I still haven’t found out what it is.

The wife asked what it was - I wanted to sound knowledgable so I entirely lied about its meaning. I don't think it means anything at all.

• Like 1

Â