2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/04/23 at 22:59

17 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I prefer attacking the Holte first half. It feels more intimidating and electric. 

Think it gets the fans behind the team from the off, first few attacks and Holte on its feet and shouting encouragement at the players. The rest of the ground follows. 

The noise second half was immense,  watched the replay today and the commentary was struggling to be heard.

Keep playing like this and the ground could double in size and still fill it. 

• Like 1

Follyfoot said: excellent, il était plein de merde

Screaming blue merder!

(Hmm? That sounds more scouse than Geordie. I've gone from a French fishy pun.... that doesn't really work, to a French/Geordie pun in a Liverpudlian accent.)

I'm not cut out to be cunning linguist. 🥴

Edited by Lunarsea
Forgot to quote the relevant post. D'oh!!!
  • Haha 3

Without trawling through many pages of stuff, has @JAMAICAN-VILLAN posted his Unai thing yet, or have the miserable words removed scared him off. I've been rattling my small brain and the best thing i can up with is.

Good evening Newcastle, I'm balls deep in Geordies for sure

If I have to explain that to anyone then you won't get it anyway 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Just been for a sneak peek on that Newcastle forum. To be fair they are bigging us up, saying they got totally outplayed by a better team, an Emery is way above Howe tactically. The best quote I saw was "Watkins needs his piss testing". 😂

I saw much the same on the Newcastle subreddit. Their fans were very complimentary of our performance.

• Like 1

On 15/04/2023 at 16:42, OutByEaster? said:

We were superb, completely dominant; from Watkins hitting the post in the first minute to Doug bullying Guimaraes as the final whistle went.

Our football was fantastic, passing, movement, dribbling, creativity, control, we were a pleasure to watch.

The third best side in the country, on a winning run, full of confidence and we made them look like Burnley Arabia - reduced to chasing shadows, trying to kick their way back into the game, Dan Burn holding on to John McGinn for dear life, grasping for a hold in the game - dizzy, confused and outclassed, all eleven of them. This Newcastle are a good side, there won't be many teams reduce them to this - but today we were just on it - today, I think we'd have beaten anyone.

Much of that credit goes to the man who makes the plans, the man who makes sure these players know what they should be doing, know where they're most effective, know when to hold em and when to fold em - we look organised, confident and full of ideas, full of desire, we look a very intelligent team right now, we're outthinking opposition, outworking them and flat out outplaying them too..

The ref let Newcastle kick us around the pitch in the first half, let them grab hold of shirts, push, pull and shove their way through the half and when they got to the break only one down and with only one player booked, I'll confess I wondered if there might be a sting in the tail.

But no, not this side, not this manager. If anything, we were even more dominant in the second half - in the end, three-nil doesn't flatter us and we could have had more - Ollie has scored two, hit the post, had one disallowed for offside and forced two good saves out of Pope - he alone might have had six.There were performances everywhere, Mings and Konsa superb, Moreno electric, Luiz calm and controlled, putting Guimares in the shade, McGinn a livewire, Ramsey dangerous and the man himself, Ollie Watkins looking like a player in the form of his life up top - too strong, too quick, too good.

The sun shone, Villa Park sang long and loud, the players loved it, the fans loved it, the manager loved it, I loved it. It's been a long, long time since I saw us this good at Villa Park. My throat hurts, my heart does not and the end to this season could yet be an incredibly exciting one. I am starting to believe,

Under Unai Emery, we could do anything - and we're doing something right now that could be very special.

Raise a glass gents, it's a great day for it.

“..we made them look like Burnley Arab…” 😂😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

This takes the cake!  The only reason we beat Newcastle is because we've "outspend them since we were promoted".  Can't make this stuff up!  

Reading the comments, even Newcastle fans found the article pathetic.

Villa massively outspent Newcastle in the last 4 years… by a WHOPPING £56m

One suggested ‘delete it, this isn’t a good look’

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TheFish said:

That was, without a shadow of a doubt, our worst performance of the season and I include the FA Cup exit against Shef Wed. Not a single player in a black and white shirt had even a par game. Dunno if it was the slew of away days, the arrogance of winning 5 on the bounce, or what, but that was terrible.

No complaints here, on the day you were better in literally every department. More intense, more awake, sharper and more bold. Nothing but praise for your lot and the job Emery has done. Nothing but criticism for the Newcastle team, no intensity, no sharpness, timid and asleep. 

Your attackers were given acres of space by a midfield and defence that have been incessant pressers throughout the season. Your back line had nowt to do, and your wide players had the run of the wings. The bare minimum you expect from Eddie Howe's Newcastle is that they'll run their bollocks off. We did not do that. I honestly think you could have played your U21s and taken all 3pts on Saturday.

Special mention for Watkins. Having seen him properly now, I can understand why you rate him so highly.

p.s. The Mag is a rag, I'd dismiss it out of hand before you even click the link.  

Fair play @TheFish for posting your thoughts.

I said in the pre-match thread one of the main battles for me was Moreno v Tripper and it proved to be a major weakness for you. 

Importantly we dominated the midfield with one of our Player of the Season candidates Kamara out injured.

Watkins is a machine!

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

WFH - didn’t realise this match was on BT (I thought it was Sky) - I was out on Saturday so missed it. By chance I put my virgin media on and looked on BT sport (looking for WWE) and saw this game is on at 9:30 for a re-run. Happy days!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheFish said:

That was, without a shadow of a doubt, our worst performance of the season and I include the FA Cup exit against Shef Wed. Not a single player in a black and white shirt had even a par game. Dunno if it was the slew of away days, the arrogance of winning 5 on the bounce, or what, but that was terrible.

No complaints here, on the day you were better in literally every department. More intense, more awake, sharper and more bold. Nothing but praise for your lot and the job Emery has done. Nothing but criticism for the Newcastle team, no intensity, no sharpness, timid and asleep. 

Your attackers were given acres of space by a midfield and defence that have been incessant pressers throughout the season. Your back line had nowt to do, and your wide players had the run of the wings. The bare minimum you expect from Eddie Howe's Newcastle is that they'll run their bollocks off. We did not do that. I honestly think you could have played your U21s and taken all 3pts on Saturday.

Special mention for Watkins. Having seen him properly now, I can understand why you rate him so highly.

p.s. The Mag is a rag, I'd dismiss it out of hand before you even click the link.  

Fair play 👍

12 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

WFH - didn’t realise this match was on BT (I thought it was Sky) - I was out on Saturday so missed it. By chance I put my virgin media on and looked on BT sport (looking for WWE) and saw this game is on at 9:30 for a re-run. Happy days!

Think I'll swerve that in favour of feeding myself into a woodchipper, feet first.

On the bright side, that shellacking could be a blessing disguise. We've Spurs at St James' on Sunday. I'd imagine that a) Eddie and Tindall will have torn strips off the players for the shitshow at Villa Park, b) First home game since we beat Man Utd at the beginning of April so the fans should blow away any cobwebs the team has left and c) Spurs are such a weird, passive side that despite their World Class players, we should find an easier foe than Emery's team at Villa Park.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â