2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/04/23 at 22:59

Just now, ferguson1 said:

It still wasn’t the complete performance that this was though was it? 

I remember pundits saying we played like a Champions League team that day.

We had a lot of brilliant performances under Smith that season we finished 11th.

Its always easy to say the latest game is the best ever. 

As much as I loved today, still preferred the Liverpool 7-2 victory, as that should have been double figures really. 

The main thing is we are more likely to repeat todays performance, it was similar to the Bournemouth win a few weeks ago. We are starting to dominate teams and winning comfortably regularly now. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Its always easy to say the latest game is the best ever. 

I never said best ever. I said that it’s probably our most complete and dominant performance since our return to the Premier League. I stand by that.

That was probably the biggest premier league game we have played since 2008.  In terms of both the teams trying to get into Europe. Been a while since we played a match that truly mattered at the right end of the league  . Made it feel really special

• Like 2

@TheFish Barcodes dismantled in every position. Can I change my mind, I wouldn't Guimaraes or Trippier in a combined eleven after all 😉

Villa did it without one of our best in Kamara yet Dendoncker did not put a foot wrong.

In the pre-match I personally thought the battle would be win down our left as I thought Moreno would destroy Trippier and he did exactly that.

Young is brilliant, his experience is so valuable and the player he was up against got nothing.

Pretty certain if Villa had Emery as manager from the beginning of the season we'd he seeing Villa third at the expense of the Barcodes.

I think (and many others agree) they were lucky to escape with a 3-0, could have been six.

Watkins unplayable today, up against two CBs and he had them worried by his movement.

Dan Burn is a clumsy oaf who is a rash challenge away from a red, persistently fouling today. Idiot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

@TheFish Barcodes dismantled in every position. Can I change my mind, I wouldn't Guimaraes or Trippier in a combined eleven after all 😉

Villa did it without one of our best in Kamara yet Dendoncker did not put a foot wrong.

In the pre-match I personally thought the battle would be win down our left as I thought Moreno would destroy Trippier and he did exactly that.

Young is brilliant, his experience is so valuable and the player he was up against got nothing.

Pretty certain if Villa had Emery as manager from the beginning of the season we'd he seeing Villa third at the expense of the Barcodes.

I think (and many others agree) they were lucky to escape with a 3-0, could have been six.

Watkins unplayable today, up against two CBs and he had them worried by his movement.

Dan Burn is a clumsy oaf who is a rash challenge away from a red, persistently fouling today. Idiot.

Let’s hope in the spirit of football he comes back on and gives credit where it is due. 

Jolintin (whatever) my arse

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Wow!

What a magnificent team performance. I can't remember coming away from the ground so happy for a long time.

We just blew them away from the first minute. We seemed to move the ball with a lot more speed and confidence today. 11 candidates for MoM. I gave it to Moreno for the way he just kept rampaging down the left and skipping past Trippier.

Can someone explain to me how Dan Burn avoid getting booked (along with a few of his teammates) ?

a special shoutout out for Dendoncker for giving such an assured performance in holding the ball, tidying up and moving the ball on. Very few missteps, if any. This allowed SJM to play further up the park. I am sure he relished his wrestling bouts with Burn. To him it could of been a normal Saturday night in Glasgow and he kept going back for more. A real captains performance, leading from the front, along with some touches of class sprinkled in there.

Still buzzing,

UTV!

I agree with everything you have mentioned...

In hindsight perhaps Watkins was more deserved as he had two CBs on toast but Moreno got my vote too.

Dan Burn should have been booked for his persistent fouling.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I have watched Villa for a very long time and I honestly am struggling to remember a performance as good as this for at least 20 years

Nice. Wow, even better than that 7-2 ?

Even the 4-0 at sty james was not as complete a performance as that.  We also had a caretaker manager back then. Lets not forget we are missing several key players too whoch makes it even more impressive.

We utterly outclassed them today

Â