2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/04/23 at 22:59

7 minutes ago, robby b said:

Nice. Wow, even better than that 7-2 ?

Liverpool were the current champions so I would say no, Newcastle have achieved nothing yet.....if it doesn't cost us then I hope they get top 4

5 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Mentioned it in the match thread. Might be harsh but bailey being out helped us a lot. So much more fluid without him in the team. Our play didn't break down.

you really have to stretch hard to find a way to criticize a player today,  but well done you !

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

The first chance after 25 seconds really helped us as it made them shit their pants. After that they were confused and lost. 

This is a very good point! That was a massive moment that first chance after just 25 seconds hitting the post, it shook them up and laid the foundations for us.

Edited by robby b

27 minutes ago, Frodo said:

So what's with this xG 🤔

It's just further proof that xG is just something meaningless for the hipsters to jump on to sound cool. It's poppycock. 

Sorry if that upsets anyone, it's just my personal view!

Anyway, what a beautiful team performance. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

It's just further proof that xG is just something meaningless for the hipsters to jump on to sound cool. It's poppycock. 

Oh no, people are now starting to diss xG and I still haven’t found out what it is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

That game was as if Unai found the cheat codes to football, and made every player select god mode.

This is the best Villa team I have seen in a long time.

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Oh no, people are now starting to diss xG and I still haven’t found out what it is.

ex Gerrard?

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Yeah it was a pop at the Newcastle lot claim our xG was shite & we were over achieving so that meant a Newcastle win 🤦‍♂️ just shows like what you've said, it's poppycock. & yep a beautiful performance best yet under Emery 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

"Poppycock" is exactly what it is. Let the "hipsters" cry as much as they like.

• Haha 1

I voted McGinn MOTM because I hadn’t seen the game and wanted to see the results.

Now I’ve watched it and it’s very clearly Watkins, but lots of great performances across the team.

Probably one of the best team performances I’ve seen from a Villa side in my lifetime.

UTV

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

"Poppycock" is exactly what it is. Let the "hipsters" cry as much as they like.

xG isn’t poppycock, it’s just really overused and misunderstood by people who think it’s some kind of “truth”.

What xG shows you is how many shots each team got off in dangerous areas. It doesn’t tell you who was in goal, whether it was a goalscorer or a centre back who took the shot, what the match situation was when it happened, etc.

It’s a useful way of understanding the battle, that’s all. People think it shows who the “real” winner was… that’s the bit that’s poppycock.

• Like 1

Â