Pre Match Thread Part II Cup final 1 of 10 for the CL

TheAuthority

21 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Optimism on VillaTalk is highly unsettling, like I’ve left the house and panicking that I’ve left the iron on. 

Equally the pessimism on foxestalk is rife. Majority really want Rodgers gone and that we'll dick them by 3 or 4, especially if we score early 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Equally the pessimism on foxestalk is rife. Majority really want Rodgers gone and that we'll dick them by 3 or 4, especially if we score early 

Scoring early is important. We’ll win by 2/3 if we do.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, robby b said:

But the thing is Unai is very stubborn with short goal kicks, playing out from the back, as a way for us to maximise possesion. It's his way, a big part of his football philosophy. I don't see him changing it suddenly for this game just because we f***** it up the last time we played them.

I think in general play we've been doing it less in recent times, certainly since February. Around that time it seemed every goal kick we were casually just playing it to edge of the box and trying to pass around half the opposition. Now at least it will get quickly played to Emi or Mings and they'll boot it clear.

We played really well v Leicester offensively, probably created 7-8 serious scoring chances so to concede four goals was a really bad defensive performance and self inflicted. Things will balance out and we won't be so bad away to them where you have to concentrate more so I fancy our chances if we can keep Maddison and to a lesser degree Barnes quiet. 

Not sure we'll keep a clean sheet but we should have at least two goals in us v them.

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Just been reading that forum. Boy are they not happy! They all expect a tonking, although one poster said there's no way Villa will win back to back away games.

He hasn't been paying attention has he?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I am quietly confident. The Don will have learnt a few lessons from the loss at VP. Would be nice to dick them by 3 or 4 as Leicester fans have become horribly entitled these past few years. 

• Like 1

Same tactics but turn up the heat on Leicester, we can get a win here.

Watkins said as much in his post-match interview on Sky, we go there to get a win.

Sixth place is the motivation and so too revenge for the Villa Park result.

Perhaps sort our goal difference out too.

• Like 1